We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Karina
Just Said Yes August 2021

Reasonable Price for Wedding Dress?

Karina, on August 19, 2020 at 3:44 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 42

How much is a reasonable price for a wedding dress? Please help
How much is a reasonable price for a wedding dress? Please help Smiley smile

42 Comments

• Alyssa
    Savvy December 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Whatever you are comfortable with- but dont try on out of your budget! Feel free to shop around!
    I had found what I thought was THE dress at a bridal shop for $1900 plus alterations, which was still technically in my budget, but I decided I wanted a reception dress too since we are having a Florida Wedding (gotta not overheat!).
    I waited for a good sale at David's and told my lovely attendant what I liked about the other dress and she found me one I loved even more, plus it was $350 off! I only paid $400 and alterations will be another $150, and a $30 reception dress from Amazon. You can pull it off with less $$ if you have time to search for sales or you are willing to shop used. Good luck 😊
  • Hermione
    Expert February 2020
    Hermione ·
    • Flag
    I paid under 1k for everything (2 veils $250 , warm underwear, shapewear, pantyhose, shoes $67, dress was $400, and petticoat $99, alterations $100.) That is the rough budget breakdown. I went for a formal look and my venue was cold (40 degrees outside. I was very layered and cozy.)

Now, you can find a dress for $99-$10,000. You can find something you like in your closet. Some people care about the dress a lot. Some are in the middle. Some people don't care at all. Some people have more money than they know what to do with and some not much at all.
    I encourage you to find your level of care and comfort level and set the budget before looking. The more complex or designer the dress is, the more it will be.
    If money is tight, look at white bridesmaids dresses, your closet, or department stores.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics