Brandi
Devoted July 2020

Random Thoughts: Day of Wedding Woes lol

Brandi, on October 5, 2019 at 5:57 PM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved
I’m not big on wasting my day taking pictures but I know I do have to take pictures. Ceremony and reception together is from 3-8. I wanted to take pictures before the ceremony but really wanted to have our first look as I walked down the aisle. What are your thoughts/ideas around that? What worked best for you or what are you doing?

Also, I don’t want a long train because I like to move freely. However, I do want a gorgeous dress but am considering a sexier/shorter dress for the reception. But, my thoughts about that is that I’ll want to wear my dress all night or don’t want people to not have pictures of me in my dress lol. Any thoughts? Again, what are y’all doing or have already done?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Brandi, on October 5, 2019 at 9:10 PM
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    I have pics of me in both.

A Ball Gown is not the easiest thing to move around in. I wanted to be able to really party and get my 💵’s worth out of the event.

After the pictures were taken outside, I changed into my 2nd👗. It was less than $40 with taxes at Macy’s.

It is cute, short, and re-wearable.
  • Michelle
    VIP December 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I don't want to spend all my time taking pictures either. I plan to have the bridesmaids and groomsmen and the parents all take pictures ahead of time. I will also have the groom take pics with the parents and the wedding party ahead of time. That way after the ceremony we won't have some many to take

• A
    Savvy March 2020
    Angela ·
    • Flag
    Spend the time and take photos. After the wedding that’s all you’ve got. Besides your hunny. Lots of people do a private viewing with just the two of you (and your photographer). He stands with his back to where you enter the room /garden/ space. You tap him on the shoulder and he turns to see you for the first time. Then the two of you get some photos before the ceremony. Everything is fresh (makeup, hair, dress, veil, etc)

OR, You can also have the photographer do you girls (and mom’s / sisters) before hand, the guys separate and also before the ceremony, and it breaks it up a bit. But let’s you get some of the photos out of the way.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    There's a lot of poses where the bride and groom don't see each other but are for instance on opposite sides of a tree or door
  • Brandi
    Devoted July 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Brandi
    Devoted July 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s we’re thinking! Thank you. 🥰
  • Brandi
    Devoted July 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what we’re discussing now! Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics