Onya
Devoted April 2021

proposal Stories! what's yours?

Onya, on February 11, 2020 at 11:26 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 29
Saved Save

I love reading proposal stories!

When my fiance proposed it was Father's day 2019. I had just gotten my period and the pain was really bad. We were going to drop off my father's card and his father's. I was in the house in pain and he was in the car and called me and told me to come down that he had medicine in the car if I needed it. He said right before I came out side it was raining but then it cleared and the sun came out when I went outside. I thought that was such a sweet detail he told me. And I was in so much pain complaining hoping the medicine kicked in. And he kept telling me how beautiful I was that day which I thought was so adorable. I had just did my hair the day before so I was all "you must really like this hair". LMAO. So he tell me to go into the glove box because there's medicine in there just in case I need it. I told him I'd taken some already but he kept insisting. So I was like okay. Maybe he wants to make sure its the right one. Looked in the glove box and didn't see any medicine and he said look again in the corner "it's in a white box". Now I was shocked at this point and picked up the box and was like "noooo, really??" and I started crying before I even opened it. Mind you were were driving this entire time LMAO! Then I finally open it and it's my dream ring. I cry even more and then I just keep saying "i love you i love you i love you" and then there's a moment and I say "you gotta ask me something?" he laughs and says "i was waiting for you to finish" (crying that is HAHA) and then he asks me to marry him. Of course I say yes and that day meant more to me than he even knows. I was in a really bad car accident when I was young and was always jittery and anxious because of it. Ever since that day driving has been such a pleasant memory out of a bad one.

I can't wait to be his wife April 2021.

29 Comments

• Melle
    Champion June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    We were at home Friday night. And it was just a night in. Came out from a shower and was just in the bedroom painting my nails and then he asks me to come look out the window. I didn't want to aha I was busy painting my nails. But he kept pushing me to. Then finally I said ok ok gosh and then I see in candles and rose petals he has spelled out I love you, marry me? And then I turn around and he's on his knee. And I cry and I say "yes but I wish you'd have proposed to me when I had pants on". That was the kicker. I didn't have any pants on because it was just a regular night in xD
  • Onya
    Devoted April 2021
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

LMAO YES! I love funny proposals. No pants proposals. hahaha!

• Latonya
    Devoted April 2021
    Latonya ·
    • Flag

My 40th birthday was coming up and I didn't want anything else but hibachi. That's it and that's all. So, as he was planning this birthday dinner, I kind of coasted along with his plans with nothing more than a thought of "what am I going to wear because I want to look cute". He had a guest list and created a flyer, which then made me begin to think this is a big to do.
    Well as the days passed Jamar seemed to be acting more and more weird. Doing things like going to the mall frequently, and mind you we hate the mall. And he even told his brothers they better be here for my 40th birthday dinner or else. It was then I thought to myself..."What in the world does he have planned?
    Fast forward to the night of my dinner, February 23, 2019. We all dressed in Black and Silver and met up at the restaurant. No one was acting out of the norm except he was in a lot of pain from his back and I originally told him to cancel the dinner, but he insisted we still go. We all ordered and ate our food, but he was still acting weird and not really engaged at all. He asked if I wanted to say a speech and thank everyone for coming, and I said "sure but let me use the ladies room first". Upon my return to the table I noticed everyone was just sitting and playing on their phones, and I thought, "you all suck, not even talking to each other" lol. So I stood and thanked everyone for coming and that it truly meant a lot to me to have both my immediate and extended family there.

Well I thought that was it. I sat down and proceeded to eat the remainder my food and just as I took a sip of my water I hear in a loud voice "Excuse me!!!!" What?! "Was this man about to really give his own speech?", I thought to myself . He proceeded ..."I just want to thank ...... " I couldn't hear much after that because it was really really loud in there. I look over and he pulls out this white box and was getting down on one knee smiling. I don't even remember him actually asking me if I would marry him LOL. I said "of course!" and that was it for me. We sealed it with a hug and a kiss. No wonder all the phones were out, because everyone was in preparation to record the big moment.

I am finally going to marry the man I have loved since day one!. This couldn't have been a more perfect birthday.

• Onya
    Devoted April 2021
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

AWEEEE seeee that's so damn sweet!!! I love it. I don't allow phones at dinner so knowing me I would of ruined the moment like "put away ya'll phones!!" LMAO.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    FH's parents took us on a cruise as a college graduation gift for the both of us. The second night was captain's night so we were dressed up. After dinner we wen to the top deck to take photos and its freezing! His parents went first. Like I'm shaking waiting for our turn.

FH finally calls me over and he's like "Are you really that cold"? And I'm like "Hell yea, hurry up so we can go"! He pulls me in and says "Well maybe this will warm you up" and that's when he got down on one knee and proposed.
    I couldn't even believe what just happened. Especially since he went 007 and had a friend get info on my dream ring so he can buy it. Needless to say I was twice as surprised with the proposal and the fact that I unknowingly picked out my ring. It was too perfect.
  • Onya
    Devoted April 2021
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Awe that was so nice of your future in laws! They must be thrilled to have you become part of the family.!

• Latonya
    Devoted April 2021
    Latonya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Trust me thats what i wanted to say because i dont allow it either and my hubby (then fiance) knows this. lol

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It was an instant connection since the day I met his parents.
  • Onya
    Devoted April 2021
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same! Isn't that a great feeling?

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It truly is. Makes everything so much nicer and easier.
  • Danielle
    Expert May 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    My fh asked a few times before but I really wasn't ready and kind of just blew it off whenever he'd say it. So last Easter I just called while he was working and said "do you still wanna get married? He said "yeah." We told our families immediately and it's been on ever since.
  • Jeanette
    Devoted July 2021
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag
    Wow that is unbelievably sweet, especially that last detail about car rides making you anxious due to your accident but now he's turned it into a happy memory! How beautiful. 😍

Just a short while after my birthday, we took a week-long trip to Greece that was absolutely magical. Our first full day in Santorini we went swimming in the bay, lunched at a tavern along the water, and took a little time to appreciate the beautiful villa we were staying at in Oia. In the late afternoon got dressed up for dinner and walked the short distance to Thalami restaurant where we had a delicious dinner, which included a giant plate of lobster spaghetti. On our way back I insisted I wanted some dessert, so we stopped for some gelato (unknowingly further delaying FH's plan, oops lol!). After the walk back, we entered the villa balcony-first and FH had me stop to fill in the next morning's breakfast sheet as he snuck inside. He hurriedly put on his vest and started playing my all-time favorite romance song from his travel speaker. When he brought me inside, I knew something special was going on but I first I had to try blaming my birthday because I didn't want to be disappointed if I was wrong 🙈 In the back of the cave house was the bed decorated with rose petals and sea shells along with strawberries and champagne on the side table, arranged by FH with the aid of the villa manager. He got down on one knee (I think, but my eyes were already blurry!) and said "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" and I said "yes, of course!" ❤️

• Onya
    Devoted April 2021
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    LMAO! Yesss on your time sis!!
  • Jeanette
    Devoted July 2021
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is cuuuute I love that he made such a deliberate attempt to make it special for you 💕
  • Jeanette
    Devoted July 2021
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    😂😂 I would've been the same no doubt.
  • Onya
    Devoted April 2021
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg that’s so beautiful!! I️ would Of expected something too aweeee
  • Jeanette
    Devoted July 2021
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The whole trip was super extra of us and when I once suggested we cancel because it was going to be expensive he INSISTED so I was like okkk 👀💍
  • C
    Dedicated April 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    We were engaged this past summer, but I was in the waiting phase for quite some time. I had told him in November 2018 that I had found a ring in the mall that I liked and asked if we could go and look. I actually think he bought the ring that very night. There were two men and one distracted me while the other took him to the side.

Anyways, we had went to the beach June 2019... a day before his birthday to celebrate his birthday. We went and played goofy golf.... it was so hot! Afterwards, we were going to eat, but he said let's go to the beach first. We were playing around and taking pictures... he took one of me jumping in the air. I said let me see it and he said well before I do I have to ask you something. I was like what do you have to ask me? Lol then he got down on one knee and said some things although I can't remember all he said... the sweet thing is he was recording the proposal the whole time! I said yes and we took some more pics and then went to eat
    During supper, he was like I wanted to say so much more to you but I got nervous and forgot my words. He then broke down and cried right there at the table. This makes me think he will definitely cry on wedding day lol.... just a couple more months to go!!
  • Onya
    Devoted April 2021
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aweee!! My fiancé cried too. I️ was surprised he did so I️ know he will the wedding day. 🤣🤣❤️
  • Tiffany
    Savvy June 2020
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

My best friend, Liz, her boyfriend, FH, and I planned a trip for Texas over 4th of July weekend 2019. We spent 3 days in Austin and then 4 days with my parents in Dallas. Before we leave, FH is freaking out and worried that his phone isn't going to make it through the trip, and gets a new one.

We fly into Austin, and get to our AirBnB, and MY phone quits working. So I'm freaking out, because the 4 of us are on vacation, and I'm in an unfamiliar town, and I can't do anything, like look things up or contact anyone. So I ask to borrow his phone so I can text my parents and try to figure out a game plan when we get to Dallas, like maybe see if they can drop me off at a Verizon, or an apple store. While I'm texting my dad, I accidentally scrolled up, and saw that he had asked my dad if he could marry me. So I hand him back his phone, and then later asked Liz, 'hey, is Jake planning on proposing?' And of course she's like "No, of course not!" and then I kind of forgot about it, thinking that he was going to wait until we got up to Dallas to do it with my parents present.

The next day, we're doing the touristy thing, and stumble upon an Apple store, long story short, it was either get a new phone, or wait a week until I got back home. So I got a new phone.

The whole reason we went to Austin is because Liz and I are really big Supernatural fans, and we really wanted to check out Family Business Beer Co. We get there, have lunch, and then Jake's like "let's take some pictures with your new phone" and we did. Then he was like "Switch me sides." We took a few more, then he pulls out the ring, and I'm just like "Oh my God!" "The last 16 months have been amazing, will you marry me?" "Okay!"

So the main joke coming home was "New phone, new ring, who dis?"

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics