So I finally bit the bullet and contacted my venue for an alternate date. I was very pleased that they had an August date they are tentatively holding for me . BUT....of course my caterer is not available, so I find myself looking for a new caterer. But many are of course booked, now comes the daunting task of asking my caterer how much $$ they’ll give me back. This stinks! What have other experiences have my fellow brides had.
We postponed our 04/18 wedding to August as well! Thankfully, I asked all my vendors for their available dates this year and they were all available on 08/30, so it was literally a lift and shift! I hope your caterer works itself out!!
Well I had to move my June 20, 2020 date as well. I know there is a possibility that all of this could be better by then how ever I have had most of my family say they will not be coming for that date. I had a lot of dates I wanted especially 10/10/2020. however the reception venue already has a wedding that day. so we worked it out and I moved my date to 9/26/2020, ( I was told people are not going to remember my wedding by the date they will remember it because of how much fun they will have),
With all of that we decided that we are going to do a small wedding on 4/11/2020 with just the pastor and witnesses and then have our big day with a big wedding in September.
My wedding is April 25th 2020 we had to cancel, we are just doing a small ceremony with our immediate family only of 10. Then we are going to do everything else later with all this is over. So far all my vendors have been amazing and helping me!
We are waiting to make a call on our May 30th wedding. We feel it is unlikely we will be able to have it as planned but don't want to come up with a Plan B only to come up with a Plan C only to have that not work either. The risk of waiting is that our vendors won't have a schedule that aligns, but we'd rather see how the next few weeks unfold so that if we reschedule, we have a little more confidence in the date we pick. Also if any current regulations are extended so that they impact our wedding date, we may have more leverage with getting refunds from vendors if we have to cancel or change our plans entirely. Right now, we know our venue will not refund our deposit but will move our date and has limited availability in 2020 but many more options for next year. Since so much is uncertain, including when people will be able to gather in groups and hug and dance again, and whether or not we are likely to keep our jobs months from now and still want to us the money we saved to pay for our wedding (vs hold us over during an economic recession or depression) and/or need to rush marry earlier for health insurance reasons, we're just holding out as long as we can so we have the most information possible when we make our decision.
Yikes, what a mess!! So much work arranging vendors and now you have to scramble, ugh. Are you planning to have a rehearsal dinner prior to your new date? Perhaps your current caterer could credit your deposit toward a rehearsal dinner?