I think it completely depends on whether you're willing to wait to have your perfect wedding. If you have a large number of people that you absolutely must have at your wedding, I would consider postponing. Just make sure to talk to your vendors and check your contracts to see if they will charge you extra to change dates! Also, based on other discussions, it seems like 2022 dates are filling up quickly at a lot of venues, so keep that in mind.
We're continuing with our June 2021 wedding no matter what since we've been together for 7 years and so ready to get married and start a family. We downsized our guest list by more than half and making sure to follow all the covid precautions. 2 of our local grandparents will be in attendance, but any other older guests will be attending virtually.
We postponed our March 2021 wedding to October of this year. At this point I am ready to have it and get it over with. Covid is really messing with everything I hate it . Hopefully in the next few months it will get better.
This completely depends on whether you would be bothered by/feel comfortable having a masked/social distanced wedding. A lot of people are continuing on with their 2021 dates in a mitigated way. For me, personally, I don’t feel comfortable having an event this year. I also do not want people to have to wear masks, social distance, not hug, no dancing, etc. at my wedding. For us, that was important. And we just couldn’t fathom spending tens of thousands of dollars for an event that had so many limitations and was basically nothing like what we had wanted. So we made the decision to postpone until Fall 2022. Are we bummed about it? Absolutely. But we also feel that the wait will be worth it.
I was supposed to get married may of this year but I have decided to wait until may of next year because I don't want masks in my wedding photos. I don't want to remember this pandemic at all. That being said, I already have kids and all the other things you wait until after marriage to have. So, I'm not on a time crunch. It's up to you, you should make a pros and cons list to help if you can't decide.
It’s a very difficult decisions make but you have to weigh the pros and cons. We postponed from October 2020 to October 2021. Regardless of the pandemic restrictions we will be getting married this year.
I think as long as your venue is allowing you to proceed and you can keep your original guest list, then keep your current date. So many brides from 2020 postponed to 2021 because they didn't want masks/social distancing, but unfortunately that hasn't changed even though everyone thought surely a year later it would. Even with the vaccine, masks and distancing are the new norm for quite some time.
I agree it’s a very personal decision. We’ve been together 14 years so we’re ready to move forward. We’re also likely going to have a vow renewal in a couple years, possibly 2022 or later to have more of the reception we’d envisioned. The reality is it’s hard to know what 2022 and beyond will look like especially with covid variants etc. I do think masks/social distancing will be in place for some time. I’m sure whatever you decide, things will be great. Wishing you well 🙂
Our wedding is in June 2021, and for us personally, we have decided to move forward with getting married that day at our same venue. Worse case scenario we have to cut our numbers to just our immediate family and best friends and plan a reception later. But it's a personal decision and it's different for everyone. Just do what is best for you!
We postponed our Sept 2020 wedding to this May but it’s still too soon with the vaccine just being distributed so we are looking to postpone to 2022. Fall seems to look better this year but not sure when restrictions will be lifted. It’s a tough call. Our venue is letting us put another date on hold and there aren’t many dates left for 2022 which sucks since we’ve been planning since 2019.
We have been engaged since November 2018, original date was July 2020, and our rescheduled date is May 2021. It's tough but we are going to try to make a go of it even with all the restrictions and move forward with whoever can be there (we totally get that some people will not be comfortable, meanwhile, we have many who are already or will be vaccinated by that time). Current restrictions are 25% capacity (75 people), everyone must stay seated, and no dance floor. We have had to completely reimagine it so we are ditching the DJ and bringing in dueling pianos. We figure if we have to all be sitting they can at least entertain everyone, and if by some miracle we can do a little dancing they can pivot to that set-up. It is not what we planned but we don't want to postpone anymore. We are in our 40's, building a house that will be done this summer, and we feel a little silly trying to chase after the wedding we planned when things are the way they are. This is just our decision and what is best for us and I certainly understand why couples would postpone again! I totally get it. Best of luck to all!