We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Anna
Beginner May 2020

Postponing due to virus (thoughts and support)

Anna, on March 16, 2020 at 11:03 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 3
Saved Save
Hi All,

My fiancé and I are looking to postpone our wedding in May due to coronavirus. We plan to get legally married beforehand for logistics reasons, but want to have a ceremony at the wedding as well. For those that are postponing or thinking of postponing, are you getting married beforehand? If you are, how are you planning to get married (courthouse, backyard ect). I’m thinking we head to the beach and then do a small ceremony there. However, I feel like it would be weird to have a ceremony twice.
I would love to hear thoughts on postponing in general and how you all are approaching it. This is so stressful and any help/advice is greatly appreciated.
Stay well!

3 Comments

• Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    Hi! We’ve postponed our April 25th wedding until mid summer. We’re still getting married on the 25th because that date was important to us. My parents will host a small ceremony at their house with close friends and family. But then we will still have a ceremony at the later wedding. Or vow renewal or whatever people want to call it.
  • A
    Expert May 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

We are a little father out, so we don't have to make the decision for a few weeks, but I have been thinking about this a lot.

If we postpone the celebration part, I would still want to get married on my originally planned date. I don't want to postpone marrying my FH. I think I would go all our for the marriage ceremony still: hair, make-up, dress, hopefully photographer. We would have just our parents/siblings and officiant there. Then for the celebration, I am open to either having another ceremony and reception or just the reception. I go back and forward.

• Natalie
    Devoted July 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

Hi there, so sorry you are going through this too, you're not alone! I've just posted a lengthy message regarding this issue. I think it would really help you to read it.

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/june-couples-postponing-due-to-covid-19-encouragement/e2e6a03e5635af33.html

All the best,

Natalie

Comment on this discussion

Related articles