My fiancé and I have decided to postpone our wedding and are still deciding on a new date (originally June 7). We are going to get married just the two of us at the courthouse on our original date for personal/religious reasons since we are moving in together in June, but will still have our big wedding ceremony as it was planned at a later, safer date with our families. I want the ceremony at a later date to feel like the “real” wedding.
Thoughts on wedding rings for the May wedding in front of a judge - do we go ahead and exchange permanent wedding rings (we haven’t bought them yet and I’m worried about getting them in time) or do we save those for the big day later on? If we don’t exchange them in May, what should we do instead?