Diane
Just Said Yes July 2021

Postpone or hold out for mid June wedding

Diane, on March 16, 2020 at 8:43 AM Posted in Planning 0 33
Saved
Reply
So with the CDC recommendation of no events over 50 people for the next 8 weeks and the fear of extending this, what are people with their wedding in June, 2020 doing? Are you postponing now and rescheduling or holding out for some miracle that this mess will get better before June? So stressful!!

33 Comments

Latest activity by MeetTheRobinsons, on May 17, 2020 at 9:24 PM
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

    My wedding is in August (Canada) but I wouldn't cancel a June wedding in the US due to the CDC recommendations just yet. I would reassess in 1 month.

    • Reply
  • Robynne
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Robynne ·
    • Flag
    I get married next Thursday and I chose not to reschedule ☺ I'm allowing my guests to decide if they would like to attend or not, however all of my vendors and venue were fine pushing forward!
    • Reply
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

    I would hold off postponing. That is a few weeks after the recommended 8 weeks.

    • Reply
  • JANELLE
    Savvy May 2020
    JANELLE ·
    • Flag

    I would hold off postponing that is still after the recommendation. I would def recommend reaching out to all of your vendors and see what their policies are in regards to moving the date due to COVID19. My wedding is May 23rd (destination to Hawaii) and one week after the 8 week recommendation, we are going to re-assess in mid April and see where things stand. However, I have reached out to all of my vendors and asked if they would accommodate and move my deposits to another date if this pandemic hasn't blown over by then and we feel the need to reschedule. Thankfully, everyone has been incredibly understanding and our AirBnb host even offered to give us all 20k back if for some reason we weren't going to get married in hawaii anymore.

    • Reply
  • Alyssa
    Super December 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

    I'm June 14th and we are not canceling unless my venue cancels on me.

    • Reply
  • Christina
    Savvy September 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag

    I feel the same way. My wedding is the end of June. I am hoping this will be alot better by then. So far the vendors are staying open. But we don't know what will happen in the future. Our wedding invites haven't gone out yet. We don't have any plans to cancel or postpone unless the venue does it. My bridal shower is the end of April with over 50 guests. I am nervous about the venue cancelling last minute.

    • Reply
  • Alma
    Devoted June 2022
    Alma ·
    • Flag

    June 6 here!

    For now we are continuing on unless my venue cancels. For sure we might need to cancel my Bridal shower for 5/2. Smiley cry Hopefully it goes away with the warm weather as they say. We are in San Diego and they just closed so many places. I am just hoping everyone stays healthy.


    • Reply
  • T.c
    Dedicated June 2020
    T.c ·
    • Flag
    Mine is June 13th and I’m holding out. I think if anything is extended, we’d still get married in that date and just a have a reception with everyone later. I’d say wait a little while longer. I think things would have calm down after this 8 week push.
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    VIP August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

    I agree, wait a month and see!

    • Reply
  • Jay1
    Savvy June 2021
    Jay1 ·
    • Flag

    Thinking about postponing

    • Reply
  • Elizabeth
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

    I am getting married June 6th and do not plan on canceling or postponing, but my venue is privately owned, and said they will not shut down, and 85% of my guests can drive to the location, so I am not worried about them flying. I am looking into live stream options for my grandparents and immunocompromised guests, in the event they cannot attend.

    • Reply
  • Savvy June 2021
    ·
    • Flag

    I am June 13th and I will reassess in the next month or so but I'm not going to cancel. Unless the venue cancels and who knows what will happen in the next few months!

    • Reply
  • Theadra
    Devoted June 2021
    Theadra ·
    • Flag

    My wedding is at the very end of June (June 28th) and we're not canceling. Thats so far out and so much can happen, let alone in a week. I'm not postponing unless our venue does. We told guests on our website to be clean and if they're not comfortable then they don't have to come

    • Reply
  • Samantha
    Dedicated April 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

    I agree with everyone, wait until mid-april and then reassess

    • Reply
  • Caitlyn
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag
    June 6, 2020 here. We just postponed to July 31, 2020 hoping that things calm down by then. My shower is cancelled and had a bachelorette trip scheduled that will most likely be cancelled. It’s just so stressful right now I wanted to give myself/everyone a little time for things to hopefully calm down before the wedding.
    • Reply
  • Savvy June 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Mine is June 13th too!! We're going to see how everything looks in about a month!

    • Reply
  • K
    Dedicated December 2020
    KK77 ·
    • Flag

    Mine was June 20th and we decided to either postpone to Sept or have a JP and big celebration next year. It was a hard decision but we are in a resort area and 1/2 the guests would be flying in with expensive airfare. They can't say with any certainty that things will be different in 8 weeks so I cannot see rolling the dice and decided to postpone.

    • Reply
  • Jessica
    Dedicated June 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

    Mines May and I'm still holding out. I think it'll blow over by June, but I think you have some more time before you decide.

    • Reply
  • Rebecca
    Beginner June 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

    I would contact your most important vendors and float the idea of rescheduling and see what their flexibility is and future availability is. If it just so happens that you find a new date in the late summer or fall that works for everyone involved then you can think on it for a little bit and then decide what to do but at least you'll know. If it were me, I would consider rescheduling, not so much because we might still be in virus containment mode in June but because the uncertainty of "are we or aren't we getting married in June" would drive me crazy for the next few months. Go with your gut, you know yourself best!

    • Reply
  • Helen
    Beginner September 2020
    Helen ·
    • Flag

    My wedding was scheduled for June 6, 2020. Our city (Kansas City, MO) is going on lock down as of tomorrow for at least thirty days so we made the decision over the weekend to postpone. Our venue is completely paid and have given us a few alternative dates for this year, looking at the end of September. I could wait until next spring however i truly just want to get past this "flu" season and married before next years season. I know that seems a bit paranoid but honestly never imagined a virus could put the whole world in turmoil, sure puts everything into perspective.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics