Skip to main content
Alyssa
Master December 2019

photography

Alyssa, on December 8, 2018 at 3:13 AM

Posted in Planning 188

Rude one probably... Our “plan” is no photographer i feel like it’s the hugest waste of an incredibly large sum that I have ever heard of I joined ww and there’s a lot of cant wait for pro bam and here’s my pro bam Why do you think it’s necessary to have a photographer? Yeah... I’m not even sure I...
Rude one probably...

Our “plan” is no photographer

i feel like it’s the hugest waste of an incredibly large sum that I have ever heard of

I joined ww and there’s a lot of cant wait for pro bam and here’s my pro bam

Why do you think it’s necessary to have a photographer?

Yeah... I’m not even sure I want to add the cost of expenses Only for a college kid dying to start a portfolio

i do have time so my mind can still potentially change but here’s my line of thinking

i just don’t feel like it’s “necessary” because in my opinion it’s not rocket science to make sure everyone is looking and smiling before you snap the picture; and literally even most idiots could handle standing still while your family gets in and out of shots

maybe it takes common sense to know hey 1st dance: maybe I should take a picture?

I just feel like my family is highly intelligent and any one of them, or any friend, or the wedding party can handle snapping a shot for us

i am going to use tacboard.com

basically I believe as the “moments” happen plenty of people will photograph them and it’s hard for me to believe that there will be no good or perfect shots just because there wasn’t someone there making a boatload to watch a party

188 Comments

• Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s funny

im glad you’re happy with your decision
  • M
    Expert September 2018
    M ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You do realize you don't have to respond to every post....

Her photos were beautiful!!! Thank you Fiona for sharing!
  • AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Just found this as I was reading through some of the stuff here. I'm so sorry you're feeling fed up with the wedding process! There is always stress around planning large events, but then if it isn't even something you wanted...I can see where some bitterness would start to come out. I think I, like many others on these forums, thought you were excited about all of the choices being made! Is it possible others in your actual life are under similar impressions Have a serious talk with your fiance. Express how much this has been affecting you. Your fiance should care about that and want to help. See if there is some way to compromise from here--it sounds like so far you haven't benefited from that option. And don't be afraid to put your foot down about some things if it ends up continuing this way with your bridal party!!! People continue to push when they see that they're getting their way. I hope that in the end you are happy and can enjoy a healthy marriage.
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much

to be honest I apologize for the whole situation TO EVERYBODY ON WW

i wasn’t at my best and I am sorry

my decisions are mine and my opinions are mine and they are best kept to myself usually

i definately appreciate all of the honest contributions
  • AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    People on here have a tendency to blow things out of proportion. We should be able to point out what we disagree with--from either side!!!-- and then move on respectfully. You have a right to your opinions and to voicing them... part of it just comes down to the words being used to express the opinion, which I think is what got people going on this post. I 100% don't think you needed to apologize more than once lol. Might be best to stop viewing replies to this post, get off Wedding Wire for a little, and go find a way to distract yourself from the whole wedding business for the day! Smiley smile Take a deep breath and regroup later after a convo with your fiance! You've got this!
  • Mrs.Married
    Devoted September 2017
    Mrs.Married ·
    • Flag
    So you don’t value something, so that means you should be offensive and belittling toward those who do choose this as a profession?

How would you feel if someone took you JOB and referred to it in air quotes?

I love looking at my parents old albums. They are heirlooms to me. I’m putting my wedding images in an album for my kids and grandchildren one day. Maybe that’s not important to you, and that’s ok. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Valuing different things is fine. Putting down others who don’t share your values is not.
  • Kristen
    VIP August 2018
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg your pictures are so beautiful! Those first two are amazingg!

• Elizabeth
    Devoted September 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    For me the photographer is the most important part. It's so funny that our opinions can be so different. I guess that's life. for me the way we look in pictures is 2nd only to marrying the love of my life. These are photos that will be passed from generation to generation. My children will look at them like I did with my parents, grandparents and great grandparents wedding photos in awe. they will see how we looked in our prime and most in love and see a part of one of the most special days of my life. The day that showed the commitment that started it all. That gave the reason they even exist. It's huge to me. Photojournalism on the most personal level.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics