We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

J
Dedicated April 2017

Photographer won't give us our wedding pics

Jennifer, on June 21, 2017 at 8:06 PM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 25

Hey there! So I found this woman on theknot website with a 5 star review. She told us when we booked with her that pictures could take 6-8 weeks after wedding to be finished/edited and delivered. On our signed contract it says in the fine print that we have to be given pics by 8 weeks. We have...

Hey there! So I found this woman on theknot website with a 5 star review. She told us when we booked with her that pictures could take 6-8 weeks after wedding to be finished/edited and delivered. On our signed contract it says in the fine print that we have to be given pics by 8 weeks. We have received nothing! I emailed her June 8th, she responded they'd be done by the end of the following week. Now 4 days after the 8 weeks stated in the contract.

The most irritating part is that we were never given any "sneak peek" pictures, which I've seen other photographers offer, but ours did not. She was also not overly friendly, and I am frustrated that It's like she just doesn't care. If we were given sneak peeks, we would be more willing to wait longer for the rest. I know if I email again, I won't be too friendly at this point, however she's holding our pics hostage. What should I do? It's unheard of for a photographer to not offer sneak peeks around here, I just didn't know better

25 Comments

• Deb C
    Super July 2017
    Deb C ·
    • Flag

I would contact her. This isn't right.

• Deanna
    VIP October 2018
    Deanna ·
    • Flag

Call her and keep on top of it but be nice about it as much as you can. That is frustrating!

• WED18
    July 1993
    WED18 ·
    • Flag

Is this why you don't have an updated avatar?

• SaraJ
    Super November 2018
    SaraJ ·
    • Flag

Remember, you catch more flies with honey. When you call, avoid bringing up the fact that your FIL is a lawyer. Request some sort of partial refund or free upgrades for your trouble. If she doesn't deliver, then involve a lawyer. Make sure to review her so others don't experience this same frustration!

• Lesley
    Just Said Yes October 2018
    Lesley ·
    • Flag
    Jennifer, I am in the same spot that you were in at the time of your post, and found it because I’m trying to get suggestions on how to handle my photog. Same as you, our contract stated up to 8 weeks (we’re at 9). No sneak peaks. Nothing but 5-star reviews. I wanted to have them for Xmas cards, but that has passed, and now we won’t have them to give to our in-laws before we travel there for Xmas (all things I’ve mentioned in my unanswered emails and voicemails to my photographer). How did it end up for you? Did you keep bothering the photog daily? Did they offer any compensation for tardiness? Did you write a nasty review? I plan to...thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇