We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Carolyn
Savvy June 2020

Passports

Carolyn, on April 29, 2020 at 11:34 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 29
Saved Save
Anyone else just realize a few weeks ago to go get their passports for their honeymoon?!? We are going the first week of July and I’m really worried it won’t be back in time. We were supposed to go do it in March and of course didn’t get it done in time then completely forgot! I keep checking the status online but it’s still not even showing as received. We have to pay for the entire trip in 20 days! Ughh why did this have to all happen now?!?

29 Comments

• Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    It may be too early to tell if they'll open up soon. The website says that if you hadn't applied by March 20th, they are not taking new applications or renewals unless it's a life-or-death emergency.
  • Carolyn
    Savvy June 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, we were able to apply and send off for it they just couldn’t give up a time frame on getting it back ☹️
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

If you live in a major city, you may be able to make an appointment at the consulate.

• Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    We applied for ours the 1st week of March and got ours back the first week of April. I'm still waiting on our birth certificates to come back though.
  • Caitlin
    Devoted August 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    We just applied for ours last week so there are places doing it. They did tell us though that they have no idea how it will take and to expect “significant delays” beyond the normal 6-8 weeks it usually takes to get them in. They told us to call if we didn’t get them close to our date.
  • Carolyn
    Savvy June 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah that’s basically what we were told too! Fingers crossed for us all!
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

My sad story is a little different. Originally we were scheduled to leave on a cruise July 19th, which right now looks like they will be cancelled in the coming weeks. So I started planning different ideas and places we could go if things start to open up in the next couple months. Well one day 2 weeks ago, I got home and was looking around in my closest and seen my envelope marked honeymoon cruise. Inside this envelope is my birth certificate and name change forms, and it HIT ME, my passport is expired!!!! I did not necessarily need one for the cruise so I wasn't worried about updating it until after we got married with my name change! Now I am seriously regretting that decision. I went and got a new picture and sent out my renewal application last week. Fingers crossed I get lucky, doubtful, but I wanted to try because my Fiance really wants to go somewhere out of the country if we could! So a double hit, still waiting on the cruise line to cancel and now waiting to see if it is even possible to get my passport back in time! AHHHHH! I really hope everyone gets theirs back in time and everything starts opening up! Even though I know everything is going to be different, I am ready to adjust to the new norm and keep moving forward with all wedding plans, including a new honeymoon!Smiley heart

• Rachel
    Beginner October 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    We are in the same boat. I have my passport but my fiancé doesn’t have one. We made an appointment to drop off his application, but they don’t know how long it will be. I’m hoping not many people are applying and it won’t take as long as people think...our honeymoon is in October, so we have 5 months but it still has me a bit worried. Just so much uncertainty...
  • Heather
    Beginner June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    My fiance applied for his march 30th and I did mine April 10th and we have yet to receive them. We are stressing out it too. His atleast says it's in process. Mine just shows that it has not yet been received. I called and they said that they aren't updating their sites as much, that it could be there. However, I just read on the US Department of State that there is significant delays and could take months Smiley sad. We are supposed to be going somewhere at the end of june and it's looking highly unlikely. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything opens up. For anyone that applied before March 19th will receive theirs. So I read it's due to staff shortage and I also read that they aren't processing them unless it's a life or death emergency. So I'm in the same boat as you, I just hope atleast having a bit more information would help.
  • Kaleigh
    Dedicated September 2020
    Kaleigh ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Following this! I applied on February 11th, they mailed a letter to me the first week of March apparently my signature on my application didn’t match my ID so I had to do another application and fix my signature. I still have not received my Passport. My fiancé on the other hand got his in a couple of weeks. I just hope I get mine before September!!! 😭
  • Carolyn
    Savvy June 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I heard its fairly quick aside from the virus! Any luck on getting it?
  • Caitlin
    Devoted August 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Passport offices are closed. You can apply for them, but the actual offices that process them are closed
  • Carolyn
    Savvy June 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We were told they’re still doing them just not with a full staff. They’ve cashed our checks
  • Caitlin
    Devoted August 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes they cashed ours too. But it says that they are only fulfilling passports where it is a life or death situation. Everyone else has to wait until they resume full operation.
  • Carolyn
    Savvy June 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah that’s what it says online. We’ve called and they told us they were working on all of them but who knows if they know, still trying to hold out some hope, 😢
  • Carolyn
    Savvy June 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    Our passports are showing in process! Anyone else?
  • Kaleigh
    Dedicated September 2020
    Kaleigh ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Still nothing 😭 my travel date isn’t until the end of September so I am remaining hopeful!
  • Carolyn
    Savvy June 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh yeah I’m sure you’re good then!
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I just posted a new discussion on passports. I sent for my renewal towards the end of April. About two weeks ago it went from "Not Found" to "In Progress"

Had you received yours yet?

• Carolyn
    Savvy June 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Haven’t received it but it went to “in progress” too about the same time. But I don’t think it’s going to get here by July ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles