Hi ladies. I need your help!! My wedding is planned for 10/10/20 and I’m a Connecticut Bride. We booked last year before all this craziness hit. I don’t have a lot of out of state guests but I do have some immediate fam that live in Florida who would be traveling up here. I’ve been on the fence about postponing because here in CT we’re already in phase 2 of reopening and it’s looking promising that our numbers for COVID-19 are trending down. My question is for those brides who have gotten married since this whole pandemic started how many of your guests who rsvp’d yes actually showed up? And for the brides who are getting married around the time that I am how are you all feeling about it? Are you thinking of postponing?I need help!!! Thank you all!!
I am getting married in November and I think I am a different beast of most brides here. We are having an intimate ceremony with two friends so regardless of where Corona is we will be under 10 people and good to go I imagine. I mean it all depends on how important the big day is to you because experts and doctors say this can go into 2021 and we are at a point we need to learn to live with this. I have seen brides get married in their backyard because they just wanted to be married. I am keeping with that day even if I have to get married in my maid of honor's backyard lol.
I’m getting married in Western NY (currently phase 3) on 9/6. Had a great meeting with our venue coordinator yesterday and it sounds pretty promising. Of course not 100% the day we wanted, but I was happy with the plans they have in place so far. They informed me their first wedding of about 125 people will be July 3rd. Most of my guests are local or within a couple hours driving distance. We estimate about 100 people. Prior to a couple weeks ago I wanted so badly to postpone, but with things improving in NY and my small-ish guest list I feel okay. Good luck!!
We are getting married 10/10 in FL. FL is pretty crazy right now, and we have a lot of people coming out of state. Many people told us they will not be attending. It is hard to make a decision right now. I spoke to my venue, but they will not let us postpone. If CT is ok, you might be ok by October.
I plan on still getting married on 10/10/2020, in western Ny. So far our vendors seem to think that date is promising. Our guest list is about 125. However if we have to postpone they all agreed to transfer the money we have paid towards our new date.
Im in ny in september. im on the border of connecticut so im always in and out of the state. i think u have nothing to worry about. people in CT seem to not care about this virus anymore. obviously u cant let your guard down but as the phases continue to reopen, i see people are coming out in droves. im sure most of your guests will come. i havent sent invitations yet of polled anyone but i know my bridal party thinks its crazy i would even question it!
We’re getting married 10/3 on Long Island where the first hot spot was of corona. Our wedding is still on and we’re heading into phase 3 on Wednesday so I think all of us New York weddings in October will be safe!
We recently decided to postpone our 10/10/20 wedding to October 2021. But the factors involved in that decision were specific to our wedding plans. We are having a destination wedding weekend in Las Vegas. So, unlike a single day event, our guests needed to travel in and stay a few nights and we had events planned for Friday and Sunday in addition to the wedding on Saturday. But between the pandemic, states newly opening up and getting used to that process, cases increasing, unknown future guidelines, protests, our hotel/venue still being closed (and more) and the overall unpredictably of it all right now, was just too much to have guests make travel plans for that weekend (and not be able to host a proper 3-day event). So we decided to wait until everything isn’t so new and uncharted. But in your case, you don’t have many guests traveling and it’s a single day event. So you might be able to keep moving forward. Plus you have a little more time to see how life plays out since reopening and readjust as needed. But definitely have a Plan B.
Happy to hear that your venue is moving forward! I am getting married 10/10 in South Jersey. Has your venue told you if they were requiring masks and not allowing dancing? That is my biggest concern right now. Governor Murphy had said last week that we are looking at weeks to move into phase 3, not months. So i'm hopeful but he also said he wants masks and social distancing until their is a vaccine.
Well I think consider what is important for you. It's hard cause you still want all the fun and celebration that you deserve which is difficult right now. I know someone who moved their wedding to a different state and got married this past weekend actually. Their guest count was significantly lower due to COVID. I think there may definitely be people who don't want to take the risk, or are just uncertain. If your venue/caterer does not require any guest minimums, maybe allow your guests more time to RSVP (closer to Oct).
View Quoted Comment
My venue said that all staff will wear masks and gloves, but guests will not be required to. I will let my guests know via my wedding website that they are welcome to wear masks if they wish. The venue was unsure about the dance floor because our chosen location for the dance floor is outside. They said they have to get back to me on that (hopefully soon). They didn’t seem concerned about it. I do intend to ask my venue to open up all of the patio doors to increase air flow as long as it’s a comfortable temperature outside, so that will be a game time decision
Getting married 10/10/20 I in Milwaukee. We were almost set on postponing to 10/2/21, but then decided on Sunday to proceed with a reduced guest list. Our original list was 101, new list is 60. The current cap on guests as per Public Health guidelines is 112, but we just didn't feel comfortable with that many people. There will also be some precautions, including hand sanitizing stations, no passed hors d'oeuvres (plated with dinner instead), and some distancing. We sent out a Google form to our guests to guage how comfortable everyone would feel. With no reminders, we got 1/3 of our guests to respond, which I was pretty surprised by. We will be adding a livestream to our ceremony and possibly at home cocktail kits or cake for guests who cannot attend in person.
Our venue wasn't going to make us postpone, but they think the social distance and masks are still going to be in place until the end of the year, so my to-be sister-in-law has graciously offered to host us in their yard. So the only thing we're changing is the location. Guest count is remaining the same, but I do anticipate our out-of-state family is going to be a bit thinned out due to the pandemic. But then again it's really hard to tell how things will go.
View Quoted Comment
Thank you. My guest list is only 90 people. We were going to have a small wedding from the start. By the time 10/10 rolls around in CT we should be able to have a 100 people crowd limit. I think sending out a google docs is a good idea. I’ll have to try that.
That's a good plan Jamie! It's so hard to predict how the local health situation will be in October, but I'd definitely pay extra attention to anyone on your guest list who is high risk or would need to fly to the wedding!
Everyone, even our parents who are high risk, have to travel. No one lives nearby our home or location. So, we're this September 28th, with just us and our 3 sons and officiant. The big wedding should be next June 19th.
5 people should keep us safe and within limits. 95 days to go!