Skip to main content
Monica
VIP October 2021

October 2021

Monica, on March 7, 2021 at 11:12 AM

Posted in Planning 34

Are any of you ladies postponing again? My coordinator said it seems like it should be green light for us. If we would postpone it would be until June 4 2022. We honestly want to get it over with, but if we ARE postponing, I want to make that decision soon (im also pregnant and baby is due in July)....
Are any of you ladies postponing again? My coordinator said it seems like it should be green light for us. If we would postpone it would be until June 4 2022. We honestly want to get it over with, but if we ARE postponing, I want to make that decision soon (im also pregnant and baby is due in July). I am a pre planner so I just have things on my radar.

34 Comments

  • Katie
    Dedicated October 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    We postponed Sept 2020 to October 2021 in Italy. We are still holding out hope that October will be possible! It’s starting to look like it will be - if general public can get vaccine in May. I already have guests that have booked their flights and hotels...I am shocked but it is finally giving me some hope that by October things will be different / and hopefully better Smiley smile
    • Reply
  • Katherine
    Expert October 2021
    Katherine ·
    • Flag
    Mines this coming October 23rd. Definitely won't be postponed. I wanted a 2 year engagement and I'm so ready to get married!
    • Reply
  • MLS
    Dedicated September 2021
    MLS ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same here but Butte County early September. Worst case scenario venue runs at 50% capacity which is what they did last year. Which puts me at 150. We will not be postponing. Outdoor venue as well.
    • Reply
  • Tori
    Devoted October 2021
    Tori ·
    • Flag

    We're getting married October 16th and are not postponing. If anything gets worse *knock on wood* and we can't have our full wedding then we'll just elope.

    • Reply
  • Monica
    VIP October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Im in San Joaquin county. Anything above 25% capacity (90people) is optimal for us. We were preparing for 50ppl restrictions last year. Anything is better than only 50ppl.
    • Reply
  • Sandra
    Dedicated September 2021
    Sandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Same boat except Spain! I have several guests who have already booked flights and hotels and I was not expecting that at all lol. In fact I was waiting until mid to late April to decide whether to postpone or not based on whether the borders are open at that point but now I'm thinking I should just go with it! Fingers crossed. Smiley smile

    • Reply
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag

    Our’s is planned for October 3rd, and this IS our 2nd time reschedule (3rd date) and I hope that 3rd time’s a charm! Smiley smile

    • Reply
  • Monica
    VIP October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same here. This is our 3rd date. Good luck.
    • Reply
  • Monica
    VIP October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree since ppl have already booked tickets, that is unless things take a turn for the absolute worst. But lets put out good vibes and hope for the best.
    • Reply
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awe good luck to you too!
    • Reply
  • Tiffany
    Just Said Yes October 2023
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    I just got engaged a month ago and with all of the uncertainty we’re planning on having our wedding all the way in 2023. We hope that things will be “normal” by then
    • Reply
  • Raelynn
    Dedicated October 2021
    Raelynn ·
    • Flag

    We are planning on going with our date hell or high water! Neither of us is super set on the number of people and circumstances of the wedding, we're just looking forward to being married on the date we've picked. That being said, right now about 200 people are invited, and while that doesn't go against any current state or jurisdiction restrictions as it's outdoors, we are going to be letting attendees decide risk for themselves as long as we're complying with local restrictions regulations. But we also wouldn't move the date if it ended up having to be smaller or even a micro-wedding!

    • Reply
  • Katie
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Our date is October 22 2021. I have no plans to postpone at the moment. but Virginia still has restrictions of only 10 people at a wedding —ours is about 100. I foresee these restrictions being lifted to 250 in the summertime so I’m not worrying yet.
    • Reply
  • D
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Desiree ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is on Oct 3rd and we are not changing it. We are slowly seeing covid cases drop and we do hope this continues especially with so many getting the vaccine.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics