Are any of you ladies postponing again? My coordinator said it seems like it should be green light for us. If we would postpone it would be until June 4 2022. We honestly want to get it over with, but if we ARE postponing, I want to make that decision soon (im also pregnant and baby is due in July). I am a pre planner so I just have things on my radar.
Latest activity by Desiree, on March 11, 2021 at 3:21 PM
We decided to postpone from this Fall to Spring 2022 so we didn’t have to deal with the uncertainty of ever changing restrictions. Especially in the Fall when cases seem to spike and restrictions seem to get worse. I personally find it much less stressful to just wait awhile longer instead of continually checking restrictions worrying that I’ll have to cut my guest list or not have dancing, etc. I think an added factor for you would be the fact the you will have just given birth 3 months prior. Are you going to want to deal with wedding stress on top of new motherhood and the challenges/demands of a newborn? Will your dress fit at that point? (Definitely don’t want to have the added stress of trying to quickly lose weight after pregnancy). Will you be breast feeding at that time? Will you want your newborn at your wedding around a bunch of people during a pandemic? Or will you feel comfortable leaving your newborn with somebody that night? Would it be helpful for you to have additional time to save money after the birth for the wedding? I think there are a lot of things unique to your situation that you have to consider when deciding whether it would be best for you to postpone.
My reception is being held October 2, 2021 and we’re not postponing. Maine just announced we will be able to have 75% of capacity starting May 26 (we’re about 50% capacity/75 people). I’m cautiously optimistic we will be able to have a wonderful day in October!
We postponed from Oct 2020 to Seot 2021. We're in NYC where restrictions have been tight but startingto loosen up. As of now, and unless there's some drastic rise in cases, we're going ahead as planned. Hopefully once everyone is vaccinated things will improve a lot more. You have to do what feels comfortable for you and your family.
View Quoted Comment
The dress situation might be the most stressful but Im prepared to change out to a corset back if I need more inches. My fiancé wanted to straight out cancel after we postponed the first time. We had to postpone Twice. April 2020 to October 2020 to October 2021. I had to really convince him to postpone vs cancel. Im afraid hes not going to compromise again this time. This will be my 2nd child so im also prepared for my mom to take baby home early in the later portion of the wedding. We have all of the money already set aside in envelopes ready to go. (March quarantine happened 2 weeks before our April 4th date). Theres just a few things I had left on my list like buy wine & and a few other small to do.
View Quoted Comment
Im in California, cases are dropping. My family is getting vaccinated and schools in my area are reopening in 2 weeks.
Absolutely not. We already postponed from 10/10/2020 to 10/7/2021. Las Vegas is slowly opening up and our family in the medical fields and front line industries are receiving vaccinations. Even at the lowest capacity restriction, our venue can hold 100. Green light for us know matter what!
I'm in PA and getting married 10/09/21 right now we can only have 15% capacity in the state for indoor events so it's very frustrating wondering when the next bump in capacity will be and how high it will go. In order to have all the guests I want to have I need PA to allow at least 35-40% so I'm definitely a little stressed now. We don't plan to postpone at all. We will go ahead with whatever we can have at the time.
Getting married 9/23/21 in Tennessee where there are zero restrictions for weddings, and we have no plans to postpone/cancel unless things take a dramatic turn for the worst. Many of our guests have already been fully vaccinated, and I’m hopeful that every adult guest that wants a vaccine will have access to one long before our wedding day. We’ll have masks and sanitizer available on the day, and anyone that’s uncomfortable can choose to watch the livestream instead. Even if it’s just the two of us and the officiant, we’re moving forward.
We're October 1st 2021 and we're going ahead as planned for now, and the venue is doing the same. I'm optimistic with the way things are developing that the vaccine rollout will be nearly finished by then; the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should help speed things up, and the number of vaccines distributed a day has continued to climb lately. We've always planned to do an entirely outdoor wedding and we have a small guest list of 50. But just in case, I keep up on the vaccine news every day so I can get an early heads up if we need to postpone. 😩 Good luck!
Hey Monica, I’m in Los Angeles and getting married middle of September. We are not postpotas we believe the state of California will be low in transmission by then. They are opening up Disney and universal in April so I truly believe the stats has a future forecast that the public doesn’t know about. We all know our Governor wouldn’t be opening these things if it was going to be a bad outcome. It really depends on if your venue is outdoors or indoors. We made sure we found an outdoor venue which gave us a lot more leeway in what we can do. I would not postpone if I were you, I would prepare to have a smaller guest list and masks for guests to wear if you decide to go though. It seems like those two things will be required for some venues. Mine is 100 person limit due to covid.
View Quoted Comment
Im in the central valley, an hour from the bay area. Our venue is indoors but I think the seating capacity is 400ppl so even if we move up to 30-40% capacity we can definitely still make that work. Our original guestlist was 200. Last year I was prepared to only have 50ppl so if we can have 100ppl + would definitely be great. And definitely worth moving forward. And most likely will still be wearing masks unless eating or drinking. The only thing I didnt want to do, which isnt a big deal, is make a seating chart. But its the best option to separate ppl by family.
June 5th and not postponing. I'm ready to be done with planning and move on!
No way... it’s just not worth it!!! We postponed from 10/10/20 to 10/30/21 and it’s my belief that one postponement is more than enough (for us and for our guests). We made the decision last June to postpone because Covid was still so new. But now, a year late, we’re in a different place with better understandings, precautions, treatments and a vaccine. We realize that some of our guests may have different comfort levels. So we are totally fine with RSVP declines and the guests who come are who we’ll celebrate with! We live in SoCal and our wedding is Vegas. If you weeks ago, Our venue was operating at 25 people for events. But last week, we were informed that the capacity increased to 100. So that’s perfect since we only invited 65 guests. But we decided on a Plan B of going to Hawaii and having an extremely small ceremony or elopement. So I was recently in contact with a coordinating company out there. If guidelines for our venue decline in the future, we’ll just cut everything, elope in Hawaii and have a 1st anniversary/vow renewal celebration in 2022. So it will work out and be perfect either way. Congrats!
View Quoted Comment
Yea we postponed twice already. We eloped last year on our actual anniversary date. Our venue right now is at 90 ppl (25% capacity) so hopefully by October we can have a little over 100. We would still be cutting our list down but still more worth it to move forward.
Getting married 10.17.21 in Georgia no matter what. I received my first dose of the vaccine last week, will get my second dose April 1st, Kemp is opening a vaccine hot spot in our city(Columbus)'s Civic Center so hopefully my fiance will be getting his soon as well as the remainder of our 150 guests. Being positive that things will be alright.