I had my hair and makeup trial a couple weeks ago, and now that I've had time to reflect and look at the pictures, I realize that I'm not happy with the stylist. I gave her some direct and some "soft" feedback at the trial, but I'm not sure that was enough... I've already signed a contract and paid a deposit, but I'd rather walk away from the deposit than have the same person work on my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I really like the salon owner and the stylist that cuts my hair, so I'm hoping they can help me out but I'm not sure if there's another stylist available for my wedding date.
I provided a picture of my makeup from a wedding I attended, and pictures from the trial, along with my almost bare face to the salon owner, and told her I didn't like the following -
* I do not like black eyeliner on myself. With my complexion, brown liner is really the way to go. I asked the person doing my trial to remove the black liner from my lower lid, which she did, but it left a gray tint on my undereye area. Obviously that won't be an issue next time.
* I want my eyes to be bright. I like brighter hues and maybe some light pink.
* The stylist put nude/beige lip stain on me, which I really didn't like. I asked her for a pink tint which she applied over the brown color. I told her that I like pink and reds on myself, but as it's an outdoor wedding, I don't want a deep red. She told me to try different colors at Sephora and bring my favorite one to the wedding...
* Why am I orange??? I am olive-skinned, so orange foundation is not a good idea. I showed my fiancé pictures from the trial and he said the makeup I do for myself is much better. It made me feel pretty sad and now I'm worried I won't have nice makeup for my wedding.
* I don't like my brows filled in as they're naturally black and quite thick. I shape them to be thinner and not a big fan of thick brows on myself.
* I think I have nice cheekbones but the trial makeup did nothing to play this up.
* I showed up with clean dry hair. My regular stylist at this salon fixes my frizzy hair. I always leave with shiny, smooth hair. That's what I expected for the trial... but this stylist didn't address my frizzy hair at all. She also gave me Hollywood curls, which I don't think I like. After I saw the hair, I told her that I'd prefer loose waves, but she said the curls are better for pictures.
She was a very nice girl so I felt really bad emailing the salon owner. But it's been a couple weeks and I am feeling worse every day about the trial makeup and hair. It also cost $190 for the trial and I don't feel like she even finished my hair. I showed the pictures to my friends and they think the stylist doesn't know how to work on my complexion.
I'm sharing pictures from the trial, along with a partial trial from my sister's wedding (I'm wearing red lipstick), and a recent picture of me with no makeup except mascara and lip stain. I honestly like my face better with no makeup compared to the trial for my own wedding. Thoughts?? My wedding is only 2.5 months away so it will be hard to find a new stylist.