Rachel
Super May 2019

Non-pro bam 80s Wedding

Rachel, on May 26, 2019 at 1:46 AM

Posted in Wedding Reception 71

What a whirlwind it has been! When we get some pro photos back I’ll talk more about the day and any tips I have. But I just wanted to share some photos here. (Okay, a lot of photos!) I also include a few photos of guests and they awesome 80s outfits, including one of my FIL with a fake ZZ Top beard,...
What a whirlwind it has been! When we get some pro photos back I’ll talk more about the day and any tips I have. But I just wanted to share some photos here. (Okay, a lot of photos!) I also include a few photos of guests and they awesome 80s outfits, including one of my FIL with a fake ZZ Top beard, which was extra amazing since he walked down the aisle to “Sharp Dressed Man”.

I’m also SO glad I had a party outfit. I desperately wanted out of my gown after dinner. And my 80s outfit was super fun and comfy to dance in! I was also happy to take off the 6in heels!

It was the absolute best day of my life. We partied until 3am and it was all just AMAZING! I’m so happy!

cfb_1206467.jpg

cfb_1206469.jpg

cfb_1206471.jpg

cfb_1206473.jpg

cfb_1206475.jpg

cfb_1206477.jpg

cfb_1206479.jpg

cfb_1206481.jpg

cfb_1206483.jpg

cfb_1206485.jpg

cfb_1206487.jpg

cfb_1206489.jpg

cfb_1206491.jpg

cfb_1206493.jpg

cfb_1206495.jpg

cfb_1206499.jpg

cfb_1206501.jpg

cfb_1206503.jpg

cfb_1206505.jpg

cfb_1206507.jpg

cfb_1206509.jpg

cfb_1206511.jpg

cfb_1206513.jpg

cfb_1206515.jpg

cfb_1206519.jpg

cfb_1206521.jpg

cfb_1206523.jpg

cfb_1206525.jpg

cfb_1206527.jpg

cfb_1206529.jpg

cfb_1206531.jpg

cfb_1206533.jpg

cfb_1206535.jpg

71 Comments

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

I LOVE everything!

You looked stunning. That dress Smiley love

You planned an amazing wedding, well done!!

Can't WAIT to see the pro-BAM already!

• Catherine
    May 2021
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

Everything looked amazing and I am happy for you. Glad you changed to that wedding dress from your original too.

Looked like a really fun time and your guests got into it. The ZZTop beard was great and your maid of honor looked so Alannah Currie/Thompson Twins with a touch of Cyndi Lauper! Brought back memories!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

WOW, Rachel! I am speechless at your wedding! It looks so amazing!!Smiley love You looked so beautiful, I love your dress! It's bridal but still so different which obviously fit your personality perfectly!

The photos of your bridal party walking out are awesome!! They look like they are on a catwalk! Everyone looks like a rockstar!!

Your husband's shoes are so great! I love them!

I'm so excited to see your Pro-BAM pics!!Smiley xd

• Devoted August 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    How unique and fun! Not only do you look beautiful, it looks like you had a blast.
  • darcy
    Devoted June 2019
    darcy ·
    • Flag

Oh wow!! I love everything about your wedding!! It was just SO perfectly executed. Theme weddings (in my opinion) can be tough to pull off. YOU KILLED IT!! The cassette centerpieces are fantastic!

• Molly
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Molly ·
    • Flag

What songs did you choose for your first dance and father/daughter dance? We have an 80s band playing at our wedding and I am stuck on what to choose for these songs

• Tina
    Super August 2019
    Tina ·
    • Flag

These are literally the COOLEST wedding pics I have ever seen. Looks like you stayed true to yourselves and had a blast. I love it!!!! Totally different and unique. Congrats =)

• Emma
    Dedicated September 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    I am so in love with your dress 😍😍😍 I don't get some of the references (sorry, born in '98) but this wedding seems like it was so fun and awesome!
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I love the theme! So fun!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Flag

Congrats!!!! I love all the 80s decor and details! The guys suits are amazing!!

I love your wedding dress so much, and I'm also so glad you had something comfortable to change into!! I couldn't make it through my reception without changing into something a little less heavy. Smiley laugh

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! He actually picked the suit out himself, I didn't know what he was wearing until I walked down the aisle. Smiley smile

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks so much! It was easy for us to plan as we both knew exactly what we wanted. I couldn't have pulled it off without my new hubby!

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ahhhh! Thanks so much! We got so much positive feedback from all of our friends and family! It took a lot of planning but my husband was very involved with planning too which helped a lot!

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! My husband made all of the signs for the wedding. I made the lunchbox bouquets for the bridesmaids, and everything else did we did together Smiley smile

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!!! It was such a blast, we all had so much fun. We had to pretty much kick our guests out at the end of the day. The 80s theme was a huge hit! And I'm so glad I found a new dress too, my husband cried when he saw me and kept telling me how beautiful I look. I later showed him my first dress and he said I definitely made the right choice picking something else. This black & white gown fits our personalities so much more! And he told me I looked like a Tim Burton bride, it doesn't get better than that for me!

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much! Our photographer has been pretty sick so he's not gotten around to it yet. We didn't do any posed photos though. We had planned on doing a couple weird ones, but just never had the time. We mostly wanted journalistic style photos anyway. And we had a videographer as well, I can't wait to see that footage!

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We didn't do any traditional dances like that. We started the night off with "The Best" by Tina Turner. We were hoping everyone would join us on the dance floor, but they forced us to dance alone, haha! And I did choose a song to dance with my dad to, that was "I just called to say I love you" by Stevie Wonder. I picked that since we live on opposite sides of the country. Mostly we just picked songs that have meaning to us. Even the songs we all walked down the aisle to were from the 80s, we let each group of 2 people pick their own songs. And when we were announced & had our first kiss, "Holding out for a hero" started playing which is our song. So, we just had a good mix of everything.

• Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag
    Oh wow, this is amazing! Congrats on having your perfect day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics