We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Casey
Just Said Yes May 2021

No dancing reception activities

Casey, on October 21, 2020 at 9:12 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 7
Saved Save
Looking for some non dancing activities to include in our reception. We are already planning lawn games and a fire with s’mores. Any ideas are welcome Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Michele, on October 23, 2020 at 11:40 AM
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding was pre-Covid and we did a trivia game at our wedding. It was focused on us as a couple. It was a lot of fun
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

Photobooth or caricatures?

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I went to a pre covid wedding and they didn't even have a dance floor or dancing. honestly most guests were able to just mingle amongst themselves ya know? but they had a photobooth and some things where guests can leave date night ideas and advice jar and what not. my wedding was pre covid and i really wanted a magician but in the end i didn't get one because i spent the money on a DOC instead. but i imagine something like a magician would be helpful in entertaining the guests

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Without dancing, I’d probably just let things flow and end the reception early, if needed. But the activities you have in mind sounds like enough to me. I say that because people are going to naturally mingle and chat with one another, especially if you have a nice music playing in the background. So trying to fill the entire time with an activity isn’t necessary (plus it might feel a little like forced “fun” if you have too many activities). Lol!
    No dancing reception activities 1

• Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag

We just played the shoe game and it was fun entertainment for our guests. Maybe you can find some cool entertainment like a magician or hypnotist!

• Griswold
    May 2019
    Griswold ·
    • Flag
  • M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    Without dancing, people chat and catch up with each other. The party ends early on its own.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics