We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Deanna
VIP October 2018

No Bridesmaid Bouquets?

Deanna, on November 29, 2017 at 2:52 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 64
Saved Save

Is anyone else doing something besides bouquets? I'm trying to find other ideas to cut cost down, or maybe just do flower crowns since it will be a flowy, and relaxing beach wedding.

64 Comments

Latest activity by ISaidHallYes, on December 14, 2017 at 9:07 AM
  • FutureMrs.L
    Master September 2018
    FutureMrs.L ·
    • Flag

Sometimes it can look a bit awkward with the BMs standing and not having anything to do with their hands. If that makes any sense. Lol

There's a few different ideas on Pinterest. I've seen some carry lanterns, or just a single flower.

• Patrice
    Dedicated March 2018
    Patrice ·
    • Flag

I would do the flower crowns

• RustyTheDog
    Dedicated December 2017
    RustyTheDog ·
    • Flag

I love the idea of jeweled evening clutches for a formal wedding (but am not doing it myself since the bouquets are the only flowers I will have at my wedding) Smiley smile But yes, they need something in their hands.

• LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·
    • Flag

Agree with @HisBeauty about wanting to have something for them to do with their hands.

Also, if you're doing real flowers, flower crowns would be just as costly as a bouquet.

• Hannah
    Beginner January 2018
    Hannah ·
    • Flag

I made wrist corsages for mine. I have my niece with Chronic ADHD as a bridesmaid and we got her a fidget cube to discreetly play with to work around awkward fidgeting/empty hands.

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I am doing a very very simple single flower bouquet for my girls. I am not a fan of flowers at all and FH turned down the lantern idea....my BM's all want to carry puppies (joking but not really).

• Hanna
    Savvy May 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I agree with PP, I myself am planning to do something simply, just 3 flowers each.

• firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·
    • Flag

I don't understand the need to hold something. Models walk down aisles all the time and don't carry things. It's not necessary. People walk all over the place without holding something.

Flower crowns are pretty but not sure if they are any less expensive than a small bouquet, unless you are doing artificial flowers. Check with your BMs first to see if they are comfortable.

• lilchameleon
    Expert April 2019
    lilchameleon ·
    • Flag

Lanterns with sea shells and sand around the candle (probably LED battery candle) inside. (edited for typo)

• lilchameleon
    Expert April 2019
    lilchameleon ·
    • Flag

Lanterns with sea shells and sand around the candle (probably LED battery candle) inside.

• Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag

We did rings! These are their rings laying overlapped. They are a few roses, some moss, airplants, feathers, and ribbon. Afterwards, the girls gave me the rings back and I handmade them unique dreamcatchers for each of them.

• A. L.
    Master July 2017
    A. L. ·
    • Flag

We didn't do ANY bouquets at all ($$$$&dollarSmiley winking and nobody noticed. It was awesome.

• WeddingCruiser2019
    Devoted January 2019
    WeddingCruiser2019 ·
    • Flag

I'm considering the attached for my beach wedding.

• Meg
    Dedicated February 2018
    Meg ·
    • Flag

I would ask your florist for their cheapest bridesmaid bouquet. It might be less than you think....I am doing carnations in mine, less expensive, smell amazing. I have also seen all babys breath bouquets. Babys breath is very inexpensive.

• Chip
    Master March 2018
    Chip ·
    • Flag

I like the single flower idea

• Celia Milton
    October 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

The time to cut BP costs is before you've invited them all. I haven't seen one alternative to a bouquet that didn't look awkward and forced, including single flowers, clutches, books puppies, balloons, parasols, lanterns or trays of hors. These are ideas that live and die on pinterest. And a flower crown is not a bouquet....

Little bouquets; even very simple ones.

What does that mean Nas?

• edecker
    Super December 2022
    edecker ·
    • Flag

Kinda random but I saw this post of a bride that got a local shelter to have her bridesmaids hold puppies and all of them got adopted after the wedding! kind of crazy for you beach wedding but just a thought for anyone thinking of untraditional boquets.

• edecker
    Super December 2022
    edecker ·
    • Flag

Kinda random but I saw this post of a bride that got a local shelter to have her bridesmaids hold puppies and all of them got adopted after the wedding! kind of crazy for you beach wedding but just a thought for anyone thinking of untraditional boquets.

• Deanna
    VIP October 2018
    Deanna ·
    • Flag

Thanks all for your input. I like the babies breath with single flowers idea. I will have to discuss some less expensive options with my florist.

• A
    Just Said Yes March 2018
    ArabianInSoCal ·
    • Flag

I'm incorporating a part of my culture into the ceremony; it's a tradition where they pour rose water over the bride and grooms feet, then some type of flower commonly jasmine or mint, then money. It's a blessing of sort so instead of bouquets, I'm having them carry the pieces needed for that part of the ceremony; a bronze pitcher, a bowl of flower petals, incense, a plate of coins.. that kinda thing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles