I am getting married in Fort Lauderdale, FL. My wedding was planned for May 1, 2020 and obviously didn't happen due to COVID. I've been engaged a year as of May 26th (ughhh) and my new date is set for September 5th! I got a sweet deal with my venue and they gave me a Saturday and honored by previous Friday pricing. Now, September is quickly approaching (95 days) and I am afraid I am going to have to postpone, AGAIN! I am so sad, and I feel like a bridezilla but this really sucks! I just want the same joyous, fun, once in a lifetime experience that all the other brides (pre-covid) got! Now I am worrying about face masks, social-distancing, dancing, no one wanting to come and having to un-invite people! My venue is getting ready to open in June but at half capacity, which would mean we have to un-invite 100 people! How embarrassing, not to mention some of these people already bought us gifts, what an awkward conversation. I also don't have details on what social-distancing measures are in place at the venue. My biggest concern is dancing, will that be allowed? We have a huge Hispanic family and dancing is a MUST.
We are hoping that by then things have loosened up a bit but everyday, we lose a little more hope :-(.
My venue has January 23rd, 2021 open right now and April 3, 2021. I REALLY REALLY don't want to wait any longer for my wedding, but, I'm afraid if I don't move it and I am forced to in September, then there won't be any open dates left.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO!!
Ps. I forgot to mention I am a cancer and hence I don't like to make any decisions. So I rely strongly on the advice of others!