We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

M
Beginner May 2020

May weddings - what have you decided?

Marissa, on March 21, 2020 at 10:23 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 6
Saved Save
Reply
I know there are so many discussions out there now...but has anyone with a May wedding decided on postponing or are you going to keep trucking? I have a lot of people putting pressure on me at both sides - mainly because it is in Key West. I’m not sure what to do, especially since my vendors are not refunding or postponing at this time.
Looking for some input!

6 Comments

  • Veronica
    Expert August 2020
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We’re keeping our May wedding we talked to our venue and they said everything should still be going on if accordance with everything. Our vendors are on board so if all goes well the show will go on we’re getting married that day no matter what Smiley smile trying to stay positive and take it day by day for now! We can’t even get our marriage license since the county clerks office is closed
    • Reply
  • Courtney
    Dedicated July 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

    Ours is May 30th and I am starting to come to the conclusion that we very well may be looking at postponing. Just a few days ago I was very hopeful and optimistic, my fiancé still is, and our venue is not postponing yet either. They were hopeful too and said we can talk again and reevaluate on April 1st. But I just don't see this getting better, things being 100% back to normal, and the CDC saying its okay to have large weddings and gatherings.

    I am looking at some dates in July now. Not that it's that much further, but I am absolutely devastated thinking that we have gotten this close, 10 weeks to be exact, and now we may have to push it out.

    However, seeing other May brides say they are not pushing theirs out yet gives me a little hope, but CNN shoots that right down. What a disaster this has been. Thinking of everyone in this situation!

    • Reply
  • Serena
    Devoted October 2020
    Serena ·
    • Flag
    We're doing a DW as well. Our vendors are still giving the okay. As long as the bridge to get on the island is open by then, we're going for it. Unfortunately, some of our guests are laid off and can't make it. But as long as we're able to, we will
    • Reply
  • Nefetera
    Super March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    We're May 23rd after 5 years of having the idea of renewing our vows and a 1year of physically and mentally planning on going to wait it out till April to see how it goes. I dont want to postpone right now. This is such an inconvience so I'm jusy praying and we have alittle hope
    • Reply
  • C
    Dedicated September 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is May 23rd. We're waiting 2 more weeks to decide if we're postponing. In the meantime i have called vendors to ask if there are fees in postponing. So far everyone has been very helpful. If i do decide to postpone, every Saturday is booked in August. September and October so i would have to have a Friday or Sunday wedding.
    • Reply
  • Raquel
    Beginner September 2020
    Raquel ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding was originally May 25th but we decided to postpone until September. It was a really tough decision but we had to take the health of some of our close, immunocompromised family members into consideration. We are also in NYC and they way things look right now, there is no way the city will be back to normal by then. We were having about 150 people and everyone is (rightfully) so nervous about crowds. It’s definitely been a sad few days 😔 but I do feel a bit better now that there is less uncertainty.
    • Reply

Comment on this discussion

×

Related articles