We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

E
Just Said Yes May 2021

May 29,2021 Bride

Elizabeth, on January 7, 2021 at 6:19 PM Posted in Planning 4 36
Saved Save
Hello everyone and to the 2021 brides-it is our year!!

I have all the bugs things booked now I’m on the the little (actually very large) part of the planning. Decorations, favors, timelines and everything in between. Past brides or brides who are in the same boat as me. Where did y’all even begin at this part of the planning?! I feel so stressed. Any and all advice is welcome!

36 Comments

Latest activity by Elena, on February 4, 2021 at 7:27 AM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle Online ·
    • Flag
    I absolutely love The Knot’s planning checklist! It keeps me on track! Our venue has an all inclusive package that we opted for & has made things super easy. The owner showed me the storage room they have- they have a ton of signage, ring bearer pillows, etc. We won’t have to buy anything (unless we want) extra. Ask your venue if they have anything like that.
  • S
    Dedicated March 2021
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    I’m getting married in March and you are further along than I am! I say if you can get it done then go for it
  • E
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I know my venue has things! I definitely need to contact them— thank you!!
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    I utilized the planning checklist to keep me organized
  • A
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Alveeraa ·
    • Flag

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone on their engagement and upcoming weddings! I'm actually done all of my planning and am just waiting to receive my marriage license and invitations so I can mail them out! I hope everyone else is doing well!

• Irina
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Irina ·
    • Flag
    I'm still trying to book my photographer and hair/makeup stylists 😭😭😭

In regards to starting with the smaller details, I pretty much started with one little detail and then try to work my way up from there. For instance, I really wanted farm tables and tiny bud vases but since getting bud vases was going to be too much out of my budget, i stuck with reusing corona and modelo bottles as the bud vases. Removed labels off of them so they are shiny. Now working to build my way up from there.
  • Jenny
    Beginner May 2021
    Jenny ·
    • Flag

I don't know about anyone else . . .but I'm a little depressed about wedding planning. Its hard to plan when I don't know if it will get postponed or reduced. I've already booked my venue and caterer . . . but if there's another quarantine mandate - I'm screwed. Don't want to postpone - as I'm sure no one does. What if my venue and caterer or any other vendor aren't available on the future dates that work for me. It's time to order my printed invitations. Do I order them. . . do I potentially waste $500 when it might get postponed?! What do I do? SO FRUSTRATING!

I've put planning on hold. I'm on the verge of tears every time I think of planning. Which actually started off as fun and exciting.

• Casey
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Following because I feel the same way 🥴
  • C
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Ceara ·
    • Flag

I have also utilized the Knot's checklist. I feel so anxious and like I am super behind but I'm not behind on the checklist and my wedding planner said I am caught up on everything but I cannot get over this feeling, HELP!

• Elizabeth
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is also 05/29. We are in the processing of finalizing floral, catering, dessert, bar, DJ. I have the timelines and wedding party attire done. Along with photography and decor details. Also working on seating plan/layout!
  • Carissa
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Carissa ·
    • Flag

Hi Elizabeth!

It's so exciting that your wedding is coming up so quickly! I know it can be stressful because there's so many details when it comes to planning a wedding (around 5,000)!!! Have you considered hiring a wedding coordinator or planner to help you with the rest of the way? Even if your venue has a day-of coordinator, they aren't really the same thing because the venue coordinators only handle things that relate to the venue. They don't help you finalize all the design details, advise on invitation etiquette, or create an extremely detailed timeline from the moment you wake up to the very end of the night. These are all things that I can help with and I'm offering 10% off right now! Feel free to reach out if you would like some help because I'd love to help relieve some of this stress so that you can enjoy these last few months as an engaged couple Smiley smile Regardless, good luck with everything!

Best,

Carissa Metcalfe (Certified Wedding Planner)

www.positivelycharmingweddings.com

• E
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag

I was actually supposed to get married in October of last year and 5/29 is my postponed date. I had quite a bit of the larger work done, most of my vendors booked, etc and then had to replan all of it. Thankfully it wasn't too bad but did cost us a couple thousand dollars. Our venue does a lot. I had to find a new makeup/hair person because they were already booked for my new date which was frustrating. Other than that, I'm in a similar boat as others. I've stopped planning and I'm just waiting. We will not be postponing again, so this is our date regardless of who can come or not. I definitely feel for everyone! Not exactly how I envisioned my wedding...but the getting married part is what matters most!

I utilized a lot of planning lists as well which are super helpful. I'd also recommend utilizing your social network for any vendors you don't have recs for/if you feel like you don't know where to start. I put a few stories on my Instagram asking for help and always received some ideas from friends!

• K
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Hi! My daughter is actually the one getting married on 5/29, so I am going to direct her to this page. I think she would love to be a part! Also, congratulations and I wish you all the best!

• L
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Latoya ·
    • Flag
    Hello I am a 5/29/21 Bride and I hired a planner so I’m not as quite stressed so far. I have everything done such girls have dresses, shoes, venue, DJ, cake maker, etc.
  • Jeannette
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Jeannette ·
    • Flag

Check out facebook marketplace, letgo, craigslist, etc. and see if you can find some wedding decor that you can buy on the low and use for your wedding! I was lucky to reschedule my wedding from September last year to 5/29 this year and was able to scoop up a ton of stuff at michaels when they were having their end of season sales for spring and summer. But after the wedding I will have no sentimental value to little decor so I plan to sell it really cheaply or just give it away. No one will know it's reused except you!

I'm also apart of the Bridechilla facebook group after listening to the Bridechilla podcast, which I recommend to anybody. Look through her cataloug of episodes to find good advice regarding whatever detail part you are currently working on. If you join the facebook group there are a ton of people that can provide lots of advice and people share things such as their timeline they used, and you can see if there are brides in your area and ask if they have recommendations for vendors or where they rented/bought decor.

Take things one at a time!! Cannot stress this enough, focus for a week or two on one aspect of the wedding and work it out, then move on to the next otherwise you will be so overwhelmed constantly.

Finally, ditch the favors! I hate to say it but no one wants you and your fiance's names on something with your wedding date except you and maybe a few close family members. If you do a favor make it something edible or something that isn't expensive and is more about them not you. For our "favors" we are using a photobooth converted VW bus which will print out pictures for them to keep and at the bottom of their photo strip it will have the wedding date and our initials. We also will be having a caricature artist come to do basic black no fill caricatures of any guests that want to get it done and they can take those home. But don't waste money on koozies or bottle openers or bottle stoppers or whatever, most people will not take them home and you will have a bunch left over and wasted money.

• Jaliyah
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    Jaliyah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I feel you! I’m having a destination wedding and my resort has postponed their reopen date for the third time. This new postponed date is a month before all our final payments are due, which is nerve wrecking! I’m doing our invites myself all materials are purchased but I’m contemplating postponing which will be my third date. We got this!! Stay strong and keep the faith that things will somehow work out!!
  • Christyanne
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Christyanne ·
    • Flag
    We only have a few things left to plan. I have set time a side every week for planning. We decided to cut out a lot of things to save on money. Like favors. Plus with covid who knows. We just need bridal party to order their stuff, get our rings, transport and small decor. I honestly focus on one task at a time complete than move on.
  • Sara
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Sara ·
    • Flag

05/29 Bride here! We had most of our vendors booked pretty early since I'm a planner and wanted to make sure to get the vendors we had our eye on. I'm feeling incredibly discouraged as our venue has fairly strict restrictions., they are holding a date in 2022 for us but I don't want to have to postpone and possibly lose some of our vendors. The only things we really have left to do are order invites, favors and centerpieces and a couple small decor items and then finalize our catering, florist and songs with DJ.

• Brittany
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    Hi everyone,
    My wedding is 05/29 and it’s coming up so fast! It’s so stressful right now, we have to order invitations soon and I don’t know how many people are even going to be able to attend. Our venue is pretty strict and we can only have a very limited guest list. Still have to do flowers, and I haven’t been in much contact with all of my vendors yet. Hopefully in the next month I’ll have so much to do and I’ll feel more accomplished! Good luck to everyone else planning!
  • Celeste
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Celeste ·
    • Flag

Hey lady! I'm ordering invitations as we speak. I'm just ordering them and then printing a little blurb that I'm going to stuff in the envelope that says, "Due to COVID-19 there may be some changes to rules about gatherings. Please be patient with us if we have to make adjustments. We love you."

Deep breaths! We will get through this! You have over 130 days, that's a lot of time! You got this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles