Hey! Our plan B was to have a minimony on our original anniversary date in October (which we did) so that we would be married regardless. We had 35 guests at the minimony and everything went perfect. We are still holding on to our March 27 date to celebrate with everyone else if we are allowed. If there are too many restrictions we will just push that date back later in the year
Hey fellow March bride here with the spike in cases so far in my state I’m thinking of a plan B. I will probably do an elopement with just our parents and kids on our date since it’s super significant for us and push our ceremony back a year on the same day.
March 28, in a state of panic and uncertainty! We are doing all outdoor in FL (large venue with lots of space) so if we postpone it would have to be end of 2020 or early 2021 before the weather is decent again. We are older and want to start a family soon (and I don't care or judge anyone else, but for me this is my ONE old school tradition and I want to be married first) so I hate the idea of postponing, we basically have guest lists of 10, 30, 50, 75, and 100+ depending on the situation! But I need to start paying more deposits and scared to shell out a lot of nonrefundable money with the uncertainty. Not sure I want to pay all this money for a wedding with 10 people lol really hoping I can at least have 30-50 but I don't want to be a super spreader either.
Right now my fiance and I are still planning a traditional wedding, with an understanding that if our state changes restrictions near our wedding time that we will do something small with those who are able to be there, and then probably host some sort of more traditional wedding at a later anniversary once Covid has change course.
As of right now our venue in NH is at half capacity (150) which is only a few people we would have to cut. So we're still a go, it'll look a little different with masks, social distancing etc but it'll still be a great day.
Ugh. I had a total breakdown last night about the wedding lol. We're getting married March 23rd regardless of anything. For a while I was thinking we'd still have the big celebration, there would just be fewer people there, like 50-70. Now I feel like it'd be around 30 people, and I just can't imagine doing all this planning and paying this much money for 30 people. It seems like it's only going to get worse by then. Our plan B is a small ceremony with parents and siblings, then a nice dinner, and probably a vow renewal and reception in March 2022. We really want a spring wedding since that's about the only time the weather is reliably nice.
View Quoted Comment
I completely understand! Believe me. It’s such an odd time that we are living in. All we can do is pray and wait. I have been thinking a lot about the guest count and reducing the guest count. Have you spoken with your venue? Are there any restrictions in your state?
View Quoted Comment
Right now there's no restrictions for our outdoor venue, but our governor really likes to spring things on us lol. There's just so many important family members that I want to attend but I also don't want them to travel because they're older and risk them getting sick because of my wedding. It's just all so hard. We could definitely reduce the guest count, but I've always wanted a wedding with like 80 people there. Idk why, I just do lol. But I feel like even outdoors it's irresponsible.
I’m feeling sad and worried about our March 6 wedding in Miami. We postponed our October 2020 wedding to then, but decided to get married in a civil ceremony in Central Park about a month ago. It was truly magical and I’m so happy to be married, but I still would like to have something that resembles a wedding, which is a dream of mine and my family . We have already put unrefundable deposits down, about $10k for our venue and other vendors, and I have a dress... my fiancé is not so sure we should procede in March, he’s happy with what we had in the park. His family is also from another state. And also, guys don’t really care for all these stuff. We also don’t want to keep waiting to start a family especially since we are already married and I’m getting older. The venue is not willing to give us a refund. I’m thinking of small micro wedding/ reception outdoors to at least have this dream come true and get something for our money. Am I being unreasonable? It’s been really hard, because I want to be responsible while also being able to have my wedding, even if it’s small.
I understand both your perspective as well as your husband’s perspective. I understand yours because you still want to have a traditional wedding for your memories and photos. For women the wedding is a staple activity for men in most cases the marriage itself is the center focus. I understand your husband perspective because he feels content because the result was marriage! Which was the main thing he wanted: to be married to you ❤️ I say talk it over and if he agree have a micro wedding/wedding if allowed since it’s already payed for. Make sure to explain how important this moment is for you and I am sure he will understand!
We are doing a mini wedding, about 50 guests, in a very outdoor and spread out barn wedding in Florida! March 19, 2021. Hoping to not have to change anything since we thought of the pandemic when planning. Also making sure to only hire vendors which would be flexible if we had to change our date, so far so good!