B
Beginner July 2019

Makeup artist

Brittany, on April 11, 2019 at 7:00 PM Posted in California Planning 0 3
Saved Save

Hi all! I live in Los Angeles and getting married in Redondo Beach this summer and I am currently looking for makeup artist(s) to come do mine and my bridal party's (11 people total) makeup. Everyone I have contacted so far is outrageously expensive!! The going price, from what I have heard is about $150 for a preview and $200+ for the day of. And thats just for makeup! Does anyone know of any good makeup artist that is cheaper in the area? I really wasn't expecting to pay more than $125 for myself and I dont want my girls having to pay $100+ either. Any info is much appreciated!!

3 Comments

• Future Mrs. R
    Dedicated June 2019
    Future Mrs. R ·
    Have you tried Sephora or MAC? You can make online appts with Sephora. They both will do your makeup along as you buy $50 worth of makeup. The MAC at Macys does this (plus if you are given Macys gift cards you can use them there too). The MAC store charges $65 just to do the makeup. You do need an appointment for either option and make sure you do it well in advance to get the time slot you need.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·

Hi Brittany

According to the WeddingWire cost guide, the average wedding hair and makeup cost in LA is $400, and can range anywhere from $203 - $717. Unfortunately it doesn't break this up by hair and makeup, however, it gives you an idea of the averages.

It's quite a sticker shocker once you start getting quotes. Would it be possible for you to visit a salon? This may take down some of the cost, especially travel fees.

The previous poster also had a great suggestion, you could visit a local Sephora or MAC store.

Are you paying for your bridesmaid's makeup also?

• Mrs.Baker.Mischief.Maker
    Devoted April 2018
    Mrs.Baker.Mischief.Maker ·

I HIGHLY recommend Lauren K. She's a Redondo Beach local! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Lauren K Makeup

Comment on this discussion