Sarah
Dedicated May 2021

Let's talk about chafing...

Sarah, on July 23, 2019 at 7:46 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved

We all know that thick thighs save lives, but they also need to be saved from time to time (from each other). I am looking for bike short-length underwear that is attractive (ish), but not shapewear. Hanky Panky makes a lace bike short, which is a life saver under skirts and dresses, but I can't find any other options. Any suggestions?? Maybe even silk shorts??

My dress has a full skirt, so I'm not worried about lines; but I do want something breathable!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Amber, on July 23, 2019 at 1:37 PM
  • Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara
    • Flag

I've seen lacy things that almost look like 4 or 5 inch wide garters that you can wear on both thighs to prevent rubbing. I personally might look at athletic "booty shorts" like you see lifters or runners or crossfitters wear, just because I think it'd be comfortable for me, and they're designed to stop rubbing.

• Sharon
    Super September 2021
    Sharon
    • Flag
    "Thick thighs save lives" 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ Mine usually feel like they're about to start a fire lol. I usually wear bike shorts under dresses bc of the breathability of them
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly
    • Flag
    I'd say check out yoga shorts, that'd probably be cheap and breathible! Also my shapewear is way more comfortable than anything else and goes to just about my knees.
  • Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica
    • Flag

So I have come across this amazing stuff that stops chafing! I was always the person to wear biker shorts under skits and dresses, now I just wear regular undies or whatever! They make it for men and women and it lasts all day. I have seen it at Dick's sporting goods and on Amazon. Its called For Her anti chafe balm. AMAZING! Try this and maybe it will work for you can wear whatever you want!

• Hannah
    Dedicated September 2019
    Hannah
    • Flag
    In addition to what everyone says above, putting good old fashioned deodorant on my thighs always saves me when I wear a dress!
  • Cl铆odhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cl铆odhna
    • Flag

Hi Sarah!

I'm way to familiar with this issue!

I use lanacane to create a barrier to prevent chaffing! You can get it on Amazon!

I've seen some beige bicycle short type pants on Asos to help with chaffing, they're not sexy though I'm afraid 馃槀 They also have the bands which look like lace garters!

• Laura
    Master October 2019
    Laura
    • Flag

Stick deodorant works wonders...

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa
    • Flag
    I wear dance/bike shorts. They don鈥檛 go all the way to my knee but far enough to prevent chafing. If for some reason I can鈥檛 wear them, I use BodyGlide. It鈥檚 meant for runners to prevent chafing but it is magical.
  • PrissiePants
    Dedicated May 2021
    PrissiePants
    • Flag

I use gold bond baby powder on my thighs to prevent chaffing. I am considering trying the thigh bands I keep seeing on amazon...

Has anyone tried the bandaid anti friction stick or body glide anti chafe stick?

• Danielle
    Expert March 2019
    Danielle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Bandalettes! I wore them and they worked. I actually bought mine on Amazon

https://www.bandelettes.com/

• Valentina
    Devoted September 2019
    Valentina
    • Flag
    Omg I didn鈥檛 even think about that I really wanted to wear as less as possible under my gown but now you guys got me rethinking it. I hardly ever where dresses or shorts so I totally forgot about that happening馃槱
  • Amber
    Savvy October 2020
    Amber
    • Flag

Honestly, I found some thin silk shorts at Walmart to wear under pants and skirts and the like, its an elastic waistband, with a little lace around the mid section, no seams, just straight wearable. I have them in nude, white and black. They are very comfortable. I wear them even with jeans.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SLIMBELLE-Women-Butt-Lifter-Shapewear-Hi-Waist-Double-Tummy-Control-Panty-Waist-Trainer-Thong-Body-Shaper/211643567

These aren't exactly what I have but they come close.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics