C
Dedicated September 2021

Keep or Drop the Sleeves!

Conny, on July 27, 2021 at 6:26 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved
I went for my fitting yesterday . After a couple hours I still couldn’t get the desired look I wanted. I’m chatting with my seamstress again today but I wanted to gather some thoughts.
I think I want the dress to lay low and flat on my chest (which can be done after it’s been taken out slightly). I’m concerned about how the sleeves look. We can add lace to drop them more which is what I want. Or perhaps drop the back into a more V cut ?
The first picture below is the dress as it is now. The subsequent pics are of how I’d like it to fit . I just screen grabbed pics of close to similar style gowns. If we cannot achieve the desired look I’m strongly considering just cutting the off shoulder part and keeping it as a strapless gown. I want a romantic feel to my gown. Thoughts please. I’m low key panicking. Thank you so much! Keep or Drop the Sleeves! 1

Keep or Drop the Sleeves! 2

Keep or Drop the Sleeves! 3

Keep or Drop the Sleeves! 4

6 Comments

Latest activity by Abigail, on July 29, 2021 at 1:11 AM
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is gorgeous!! It sounds like you know what you want and a good seamstress should be able to help you. The key is just being able to explain it to her and have examples which you have so it sounds like you will likely get what you want. Good luck!!
  • Ashlee
    Expert September 2022
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

I definitely think if you want a more romantic look then keep the sleeves however you can because it's a gorgeous dress and the sleeves do give it that more romantic vibe.

• Lindsey
    Savvy October 2021
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    The drop sleeve adds the romantic feel you mentioned wanting. I think once it’s altered and tightened you will be happy! It’s a stunning gown and I wouldn’t panic at all! The seamstress will make sure the bust area is flat against your chest. I say just stick with “normal” alterations.
  • Rabreena
    Devoted October 2021
    Rabreena ·
    • Flag

I do agree that the dropped "sleeves" of the dress do give it a romantic feel, although with the want of dropping the "sleeves" even lower one thing I will mention is that with doing so it will restrict your arm movement, especially with raising your arms, even more.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I would keep it

• Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    I’m my opinion Keep!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles