Naomi
Savvy June 2023

Just ordered a Cricut Maker 3...

Naomi, on September 21, 2021 at 6:05 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 1 24
Saved

We are going to attempt to make our own Steampunk pocket invitations, menu cards, and programs. I am also planning to do some personalized wedding party flutes. Anyone else doing or done this?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Naomi, on September 25, 2021 at 1:36 AM
  • Clarissa
    Rockstar October 2021
    Clarissa ·
    • Flag
    A lot of people do it. I have done it for some stuff. I would definitely practice before you commit it can be a learning curve. But it’s doable.
  • Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I know I will need to practice. Might need some pointers. Can you post some of the things you did? Smiley shame

• Lav
    Devoted October 2022
    Lav ·
    • Flag
    I would love to see your inspiration for the steam punk pocket invitations 🥰
  • Chaka
    Savvy October 2021
    Chaka ·
    • Flag
    Join the facebook group All Things Cricut Wedding. It helped me alot with my projects.
  • EGD
    Devoted September 2022
    EGD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for this tip!

I have the Explore Air 2, and plan on DIYing alot of my decor for my wedding, but I find my circut so intimidating lol

Last night I simply tried to address an envelope with it and ended in tears.

I would definitely recommend just practicing on it for a WHILE, I've had mine since December (Christmas present from my mom who knew FH planned on proposing) and I still cry every time I try to use it lol

• Clarissa
    Rockstar October 2021
    Clarissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I don’t have any pictures right now but look up Jennifer maker. She has a YouTube channel and a website that’s where I learned from.
  • Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have been just doing Google searches and found a ton of templtes on Etsy.

• Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks so much for the info. I know this going to be a huge undertaking but I need to at least try before I throw in the towel, especially after ordering the machine...Smiley xd

• Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I will look it up. Thanks so much.

• Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Don't worry we have a lot of useful info on this post. We can do it.

• Chaka
    Savvy October 2021
    Chaka ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You're welcome
  • Clarissa
    Rockstar October 2021
    Clarissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Rule of thumb practice on cheap products save your expensive products for the finished product. Dollar tree sells a ton of vinyl and shirts and stuff.
  • Chaka
    Savvy October 2021
    Chaka ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

In the facebook group, several people have mentioned about using the Cricut to address envelopes. If you have a printer, try that as it is so much easier. It does get easier the more you use the Cricut.

• Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That was my first thought. I was hoping I wouldn't be stuck spending hundreds on materials by having to only use their products. That would defeat my purpose. Thanks for the tip.

• Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

They accepted me and I have ben looking at all the things people ar doing. I didn't realize it was a printer too. I do have a printer.

• EGD
    Devoted September 2022
    EGD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I don't own a printer tho it is on my list of things I need to buy since moving Smiley cry

The envelopes I got for my Save The Dates all came preaddressed with really pretty writing, but there were some last minute guests we added that I didn't have envelopes printed for so I figured it'd be easy to have the circuit write the addresses with a pen and it's turning out more difficult that I originally thought and driving me nuts! I'm just waiting for my request to join the FB group to be approved and hopefully I can find some tips!

• Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

So that is what the pens are for. I joined yesterday. They added me like late last night or early this morning.

• EGD
    Devoted September 2022
    EGD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, The Pen's can draw and do handwriting fonts!

I filled out all the questions for joining the group and it hasn't been accepted yet Smiley cry

• Chaka
    Savvy October 2021
    Chaka ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's good that you didn't have to address all of the envelopes yourself. You will definitely find good tips. People are really helpful in the group.
  • Naomi
    Savvy June 2023
    Naomi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hope they accept you soon. It would be nice to have someone familiar in the group.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics