We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Ally
Savvy June 2020

June Brides... how many are holding on?

Ally, on April 17, 2020 at 8:28 AM Posted in Community Conversations 2 48
Saved Save
Reply
Are there any June brides holding out hope and not rescheduling??? I鈥檓 in Ohio and they are starting to reopen that state May 1st, it鈥檚 so hard to make a decision 馃槱

48 Comments

  • Taylor
    Beginner July 2020
    Taylor
    • Flag
    June 13th in Gettysburg PA... still holding on. Our back up date is July 18th and I鈥檓 going to make a final decision around May 10ishhh about moving it.
    • Reply
  • Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag

    June 27th and we postponed to December 12.

    Our wedding was 100% out of town for us and all of our guests and it's over 150 people. Plus, the majority of us work in aviation and were unsure of our job situations at that point.

    If your wedding is small and local and most of the guests don't have to travel you might be fine, it just depends on the state you are in and how much travel is involved. Currently, there is still a ban on non-essential travel and last I heard the airlines might actually start asking for documentation of essential travel needs as people are still just flying for no reason at all.

    Good luck and keep vigilant!

    • Reply
  • Kristen
    Beginner June 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    June 12th here! We鈥檙e in MA but getting married in NH (30 mins away and almost all of our guests are local - headcount about 90). Just got a backup date for August 7 from our venue but have to contact the rest of our vendors too. I think I鈥檓 gonna decide by May 1.. but I don鈥檛 know if I should send invites? I have everything ready to go already!
    • Reply
  • K
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 in Ohio too. Our date is June 20. I am strongly considering postponing because I don鈥檛 want to cut our guest list and I don鈥檛 see Ohio being at Phase 3 of the government鈥檚 plan (can invite more than 50 people in phase 3) by June 20 馃槥. Going to make a decision within the next couple of weeks. Our backup date is August 7.
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jennifer
    • Flag

    Praying for all you June Brides! I am a July Bride and I know how nervous I am, so I can understand your struggle. I would give it a little more time. I read on a news article that they are trying to put something together where you can track the process of the government re-opening Phases for each state. Hopefully that is something that comes out before May and can help many brides decided what the future might bring and plan from there. Ohio might be ok especially in June, depending on the actual date and your guest count. I would still ask your venue about a possible back up, just in case and a little piece of mind!! I have a backup back of November 1st, definitely not something I want to do, but it is there just in case I can not have my 50 guest wedding in July.

    Good luck and keep the faith!!

    • Reply
  • Kari
    VIP May 2020
    Kari
    • Flag

    We are May 30th but still have yet to completely pull the plug. We are planning on discussing alternative plans with our big vendors over the next couple of weeks. I'm looking at Covid-19 trends in our state and checking daily announcements from the governor about what is recommended and allowed.

    • Reply
  • J
    Expert May 2021
    Jaime
    • Flag

    Feeling sad for summer brides! This is not what we had envisioned for ourselves! I am July 25th and our WI stay at home order got extended to May 26th. I haven't looked too closely at the "phases" but I am uncertain if we would be in phase 3 only two months after our stay at home order has been lifted. My heart is breaking and I cannot believe this is actually happening, but we did send an email to the venue asking to discuss a Plan B or postponement. It's just so hard because no one can say for certain what things will be like in June and beyond, but the waiting and wondering is really wearing on me. Hopefully having some options to look over might help me calm down a bit. Best of luck to you!

    • Reply
  • Erin
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Erin
    • Flag
    Our wedding is June 20th in Virginia, and we鈥檙e still holding on to hope. We鈥檒l say our vows in front of immediate family regardless, but are waiting another couple weeks to make a final call on the larger ceremony/reception. I鈥檓 hopeful that we can still keep our normal date with some added precautions like asking at-risk guests to stream home, spacing out seats, and forgoing the meal (or at least it being a buffet). We鈥檒l see how things shape up within the next couple weeks, but I鈥檓 praying we can go on mostly as planned!
    • Reply
  • Gina
    WeddingWire Administrator April 2021
    Gina
    • Flag

    Hi Ally,

    This is definitely a crazy stressful and uncertain time for everyone! It seems like a lot of June brides are waiting a few more weeks before making postponement decisions, but everyone's situation is different and it never hurts to be proactive about plan b!

    You also aren't alone right now! 鉂わ笍

    There are a ton of June brides also talking about their Covid-19 concerns in these discussions:

    June 2020 brides: freaking out?

    June and July Brides do not stress Covid-19!!!

    I hope this helps. Stay positive and hang in there!!


    • Reply
  • Taylor
    Dedicated October 2020
    Taylor
    • Flag

    Mine is Oct 31st and I know we are reopening but the last that will be reopened is going to be the large gatherings. My wedding is less than 100 but still. Seriously stressing if it is too soon to reschedule.

    • Reply
  • Maritza
    Savvy October 2020
    Maritza
    • Flag
    June 7th. Rescheduled. 馃槱 new date is October 18th. I didn鈥檛 want to get to the very end and have a hard time rescheduling. We have lots of ppl coming from out of town and I didn鈥檛 want anyone to miss it bc they were scared or bc they couldn鈥檛 afford to make it (a lot of ppl are out of work). It was still a very hard decision but I am happy we made it. Good luck making your decision. 馃挍
    • Reply
  • Karina
    Dedicated June 2020
    Karina
    • Flag
    We are June 26th and haven鈥檛 postponed/canceled yet, still staying hopeful even if we have to cut our guest list as long as our venue and vendors are willing to work with us price wise we are moving forward. Problem is our stay home order was extended to May 20th so I feel it鈥檚 a little too close for comfort but we鈥檒l wait and see but we will be getting married June 26th regardless! ( as long as we can get our marriage license) and celebrate later if necessary.
    • Reply
  • Brenda
    Beginner September 2020
    Brenda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Jamie, I鈥檝e heard today that EVERS was forced to reduce the quarantine to may 21st
    • Reply
  • Kaitlin
    Devoted June 2020
    Kaitlin
    • Flag
    We plan to get married on June 20th and as of now are going forward with all our original plans. We will be making a final decision on early May. If we can get a marriage license we will still marry that day even if it has to be a small ceremony. If not we have a backup day of August 28th. Hoping everything can stay as planned and that this craziness will be over soon!
    • Reply
  • Erin
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Erin
    • Flag
    Mine was June 20th of this year...made the decision yesterday to postpone until June 26, 2021. We have lots of compromised family/children and we don鈥檛 want to risk a single person鈥檚 health. Even if the bans were softly lifted, I felt that I was being selfish if I were to keep the date and I want everyone to have fun and be safe on my big day. Moving it to next year was a heart breaking decision, but I thought about my guests first and thought it was the right move to make. I wish you nothing but luck and happiness!
    • Reply
  • L
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Lexi
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am in the same boat!! Wedding is July 18th.. I鈥檝e been holding off on sending invites until we have a decision made. I鈥檓 hoping by March 18th (2 months before) we can make a decision before sending invites. Our venue has been rescheduling and postponing weddings for May and June, so when I approached them about a back plan and what our options are going to be, they basically said it鈥檚 too early to think of that right now. My anxiety has been running rampant!! I know having some backup options would help, but I also don鈥檛 want to be a bridezilla and demand options when I know they鈥檙e trying to get through May and June couples. Sending you love!
    • Reply
  • L
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Linda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    WI bride here, too, wedding date of June 12th. We picked the date because it鈥檚 my grandparents anniversary so moving it isn鈥檛 an option. We did talk about moving it to June 12, 2021 but that will be the day of my step daughter鈥檚 high school graduation. At this point we鈥檝e decided to get married with whoever we can have attend, not sure if we鈥檒l have a party later or not. The whole thing is heartbreaking.
    • Reply
  • Becca
    Just Said Yes November 2020
    Becca
    • Flag
    June 13th here... got a list of postponement dates today from our venue today. We are thinking of 11/22/2020 at this point, but still will probably get married in a small ceremony on 6/13. I had a good stress cry over it again this morning, but with our stay at home extended to 5/20 there鈥檚 no way we can have the wedding we want by our date. We are still moving forward with our future family plans with house hunting, kids, etc. I鈥檓 not going to let all of this stop that. Definitely a stressful time for everyone!
    • Reply
  • Lindsay
    Beginner September 2021
    Lindsay
    • Flag
    Honestly, I鈥檇 talk to your vendors about alternate dates. Other posters are referring to the federal government 鈥減hases鈥 which realistically are only points of guidance for states to refer to, and with the lack of reliable metrics, testing and tracing to appropriately track down infected or exposed individuals, those phases won鈥檛 mean much. In Ohio, your governor has been solid in responding to contain the situation. But, with opening up, whenever that happens, more people will be exposed, we are likely to have subsequent flare ups and future needs to lock things down. It isn鈥檛 as simple as lowering infections in this moment, because there鈥檚 no vaccine to stop the spread again. On the one hand, my workplace as an example is looking at how to keep the office at 50% capacity once we are clear to come back in, alternating remote days to limit too many people in one place. While my own wedding isn鈥檛 for quite a while, I work with nonprofits on fundraising events, and we aren鈥檛 looking to schedule anything before the fall鈥攅ven now creating multiple scenarios to be prepared to push those to next year. It is an awful situation that I am truly very sorry that you find yourself in. My future SIL was in the same spot, having pushed her date from 6/6/20 to 5/29/21. But it is better to create contingencies now, try to lock in your same vendors and save as much of the money already sunk in as possible鈥攏ot to mention preserve your own safety and that of your guests.
    • Reply
  • Kathy
    Beginner June 2021
    Kathy
    • Flag
    My wedding in June 6... I haven鈥檛 officially cancelled, but I did reach out to my venue for dates and contacted other vendors for a possible change of date.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles