We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jessie
Dedicated June 2020

June 2020 brides: freaking out?

Jessie, on March 16, 2020 at 12:02 AM Posted in Community Conversations 18 146
Saved Save
Reply
Our date is June 12th. FH keeps telling me things will be fine by then... but like everyone else, I've put so much thought and effort into this. I just want our magical day to happen.



How are my fellow June brides feeling?

146 Comments

  • Theadra
    Dedicated September 2020
    Theadra ·
    • Flag
    Hi love, I understand your concern. I personally am not worried because so much could happen from now. I honestly think it will back to normal by then. And it’s far away from now . Plus they say the heat supposedly slows it down. I mean we’re at the very end of June 28th ( so that’s prob why I’m not worried) . But June is still far away
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Savvy June 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    We’re getting married in June 29th come what may. We were planing a very intimate wedding anyway, about 35 people, BUT, to us the marriage is what’s most imported, not a big party. Trying not to worry too much, I know easier said then done! Our contingency plan is to just go down to the courthouse if we have to. All that matter to us is that we are husband and wife!


    Best of luck to you and to all of us!!
    • Reply
  • KandiKrix
    Dedicated August 2020
    KandiKrix ·
    • Flag
    Omg this is my date too and I'm freaking out! 🤯😭


    My aunt just called me to let me know that she won't be able to make it because of this whole thing and we haven't even sent the invites out yet. Also worse is that our venue is at the zoo which is a public place, and right now they just closed the zoo down a few days
    • Reply
  • Rebecca
    Dedicated June 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married June 13. Right now I am trying not to worry myself over the possibility of having to cancel or postpone, especially since my cousin - who was supposed to get married at the end of this month - just had to make the difficult decision to postpone her own wedding.
    However, I am wondering if I should cancel my bachelorette scheduled for April 24-26 and wondering whether or not to move forward with Bridal Shower plans for beginning of May.
    For now, I am crossing my fingers that all this chaos will calm down way before our wedding.
    • Reply
  • Jessie
    Dedicated June 2020
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am also worried about my bachelorette getaway and shower. I live in Buffalo so I'm right across from Canada, I'm supposed to go there this Saturday coming up. Borders aren't closed yet, but things are changing so quickly. And my shower is April 26th. Everyone seems like they still wanna go, but we will see as it gets closer. Will be less than 50 people at least.


    I would go ahead with your bachelorette and shower for now, as long as they're less than 50 people
    • Reply
  • Jessie
    Dedicated June 2020
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm thinking it will slow down by then too... I've heard the heat thing, but I also heard the heat will have no impact whatsoever. Everything is changing every day!
    • Reply
  • Jessie
    Dedicated June 2020
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a little early for a guest to already cancel! But better safe than sorry, I guess.
    • Reply
  • Allison
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag

    Hi! My wedding is on June 14th in Maryland. I am having some mixed feelings. My fiance and I live in Thailand but were planning on flying back to the USA around June 1st. The main concerns I have are these traveling bans. My fiance is British and right now there is a ban from people coming from the UK. Right now, the ban is for 30 days but I am concerned that if the travel ban is extended, his family and some friends will not be able to attend. I am also concerned that if the cases increase in Thailand, there might be a ban from us entering the USA.

    I guess my main concerns cannot be answered because things change all the time. It makes me feel a bit uneasy because no one knows what will happen three months from now, two months from now, a week from now...etc. My wedding venue is currently closed until the end of March. I feel bad for those having a wedding in March.

    People tell me it might be fine by then but we really don't know. All I can say is that your stresses are totally valid and you are definitely not alone in feeling them! Jessie, I hope you have support that you can vent to and lean on during this time!

    • Reply
  • Kristin
    Beginner June 2020
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

    June 12th bride here on a roller coaster of emotions. My FH isn't worried (but he never worries about anything) as well as my family. Most of our guests are traveling 2-4 hours by car/train (many live in Westchester/NYC) to attend however, my siblings live in CA and NC and would have to fly. I am just very nervous about my father as he is currently on chemo and I couldn't/wouldn't get married without him there. Just trying to make the best of it and crossing (washing) my fingers that things will get better in time. I work from home and I always have the news on in the background, so that does not help. Maybe I should turn off the tube!

    I do feel selfish at time because I then think about the Kippahs, the Ketubah, my beautiful wooden sign, ring box and other things that have our wedding date on it, but I have to realize/remember that keeping people healthy is more important than these things that can easily be replaced. Just waiting another month or so then we will make our decision to postpone however, we still plan on getting married on June 12th (off to the courthouse). Right now the whole situation is not ideal and frankly it sucks but we have to try and be positive and hope that this will all end soon. Smiley heart

    And regarding invitations, if any brides ordered from Minted, I contacted them and they said that they would replace them, free of charge with the new date if you decide to postpone.

    • Reply
  • Rebecca
    Dedicated June 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes both would be way less than 50 people. For the bachelorette we are planning to go to Lake Tahoe - I just wonder how many businesses (bars, clubs, restaurants) that my MOH is planning for us to go to will actually be open..
    • Reply
  • Rebecca
    Dedicated June 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s great to know about the invitations! We ordered ours from Minted!
    • Reply
  • Mari
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Mari ·
    • Flag

    I'm getting married on June 21st in Oregon. However, most of our family and friends will have to fly from the East Coast to attend and I'm starting to get nervous. I have the invitations ready to go, but am hesitant to send them in the middle of the full blown panic, especially since it's supposed to get worse before it gets better. We are inviting about 100 people and were expecting around 80 to attend. I just don't know if it makes sense to start thinking about other options or not.

    • Reply
  • Alma
    Devoted June 2020
    Alma ·
    • Flag

    We are getting married on June 6 in San Diego CA.

    I am staying calm unless our venue cancels on us which I am praying it does not happen.

    • Reply
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated August 2020
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

    As of right now, our plans for June 13 are still on, but I'm super worried about things. My dad is immunocompromised, and my grandpa is 88 years old. I want to get married, and I want to have them there, but not if it ends up killing them. My fiance doesn't want to change the date again, and we sent out invitations last week. My mom is unconcerned, so we're playing a waiting game.

    • Reply
  • B
    Savvy June 2020
    Bridetobe2020 ·
    • Flag
    6/20/20 here. Yes, we are planning on having our wedding unless venue cancels on us. It is 3 months from now and four weeks post cdc recs. I will say that this is making wedding planning quite difficult!
    • Reply
  • Jerri
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Jerri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Hi! I'm June 6th and my dad is going through radiation (finished chemo recently). So conflicted particularly I want to make sure my dad isn't in an unsafe environment. I know I'm not really saying anything helpful in response to you but it was nice to see someone else in a very similar situation to me (not nice that your father is going through chemo - I'm so sorry and it really sucks). Sending you good thoughts and health, love, etc etc.

    • Reply
  • Kristin
    Beginner June 2020
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Thank you for your kind words. You and your father as well. I spoke to my father today regarding his thoughts of postponing the wedding and he thought it would be best to. Then I have everyone else saying to wait until April to decide, so I am very conflicted right now. Trying to make the best out of this horrible situation but it is nice to know that I am not the only one going through this.

    • Reply
  • Morgan
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Morgan ·
    • Flag

    Our wedding is scheduled for June 14th, 2020.

    I reached out to all of my vendors + venues today - and so far, no one plans on canceling the event. They are focusing on these next 8 weeks in hopes that things will start to calm down.

    I think that as long as my venues + vendors don't cancel on me, I'll still go through with the wedding - even if fewer people show up than expected, I'll just ask sick people not to come.

    Fingers crossed that things will start calming down by June!


    • Reply
  • S
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I’m also on June 12! We’re really stressed :/
    • Reply
  • Perri
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Perri ·
    • Flag
    I’m June 12 too! I’m starting to panic a little because a lot of our family is out of state and require traveling. I’m also worried that my state will force us to cancel. They already mandated that all restaurants, bars, gyms, and spas close except for to go orders at restaurants. I emailed my venue to see what we our options are if we are forced to cancel. But for now we are keeping the date since our guest list is only 80 people and hoping that everything will be okay by June.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles