Skip to main content
Stephanie
Devoted July 2020

July Brides

Stephanie, on March 31, 2020 at 9:19 AM Posted in Community Conversations 10 118
Saved
Reply
July brides! Where are you at? Are you waiting this out or postponing? Im July 11th and really trying to wait it out.

118 Comments

Latest activity by Jaime, on February 10, 2021 at 5:37 PM
  • Brittany
    Savvy July 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    I'm July 11th also. I'm waiting it out until at least the end of May. I don't think anyone can say what will happen by July and we should all really at least give all of the social distancing measures the month of April before doing anything drastic. I respect people's decisions to postpone but I think July is just too far out for me to make an informed decision.
    • Reply
  • Stephanie
    Devoted July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree 100%! Just wanted to see if anyone else was thinking the same way. Thank you!
    • Reply
  • Jaime
    Savvy May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag
    My March wedding was rescheduled for July 4th so I’m holding out hope everything will be ok by then
    • Reply
  • Stephanie
    Devoted July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Fingers crossed!
    • Reply
  • L.m.d.
    Savvy June 2021
    L.m.d. ·
    • Flag

    I'm July 11th, too! I'm really torn over this as I absolutely LOVE our wedding date. Honestly, It's difficult to say because it can go either way. I'm the type of person who doesn't like to gamble and would rather a sure thing but my fiancé, wedding planner, and family want us to wait it out so that's what we're doing. We're going to assess in April and then again in May. We plan to make a decision by the end of May. I would be really bummed if I moved the date only for things to go back to normal beforehand. Let's just hope and pray we can have our weddings as scheduled. 7/11 are supposed to be lucky numbers so let's hope it works in our favor.

    • Reply
  • Stephanie
    Devoted July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    100% agree! Im going to wait until may as well. Maybe even wait until June. I love my wedding date as well! Fingers crossed for us all!
    • Reply
  • Stephanie
    Devoted July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Fingers crossed!
    • Reply
  • Gwendolyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Gwendolyn ·
    • Flag

    July 28th here, we are going to hold out until June. Even then, we are considering if we just elope at that point.

    • Reply
  • Stephanie
    Devoted July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yea. Im going to hold off til June as well. If we can't do the big wedding, we will probably still get married and move the reception out 1 year.
    • Reply
  • Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    This plan sounds smart to me, and is what I'm seeing a lot of other July couples doing. I think you're on the right track and I'll be crossing my fingers that things become clear for you soon. Stay calm and healthy!

    • Reply
  • A
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Angeliki ·
    • Flag
    I’m also July 11! Destination wedding- fingers crossed it will be okay for travel then
    • Reply
  • Leeann
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Leeann ·
    • Flag
    We honestly don’t know what to do. We are debating in pushing back
    • Reply
  • Aurora
    Dedicated July 2020
    Aurora ·
    • Flag
    We are July 18th. And we are waiting till May to assess and then June to reassess. Ours is a destination wedding but in our state. Our governor just put a mandatory shelter in place until June 10th. Our shower was May 23rd, so will have to figure that out and see if the ban lifts earlier or is extended.
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated January 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

    Hey Chicka, Our wedding is set for July 17th and I am reallllllyyyy trying not to freak out! It is definitely hard when every time you turn on the tv or read the news it seems to be getting worse and worse. I decided I was going to wait until May 17th to make a decision about postponing it or not. If things seem to get better I hope everything can just continue as planned. It is just so hard to tell at this point and that is the most stressful part. My Fiance and I have decided either way we would like to be legally married on July 17th and then have the nice ceremony and reception maybe November, not ideal, but at least it is a backup plan. I want July 17th to still mean something. We have planned this wedding for over a year and he didn't even want to wait that long, I pushed for a longer engagement so I could save for the wedding of my dreams! Hope you come up with a plan that takes some of the stress away!!

    • Reply
  • Stephanie
    Devoted July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for your reply! I think I'm going to wait until May or even June to make a final decision. in the meantime I'm going to send out my invitations. They have been ready to go since the beginning of March. I love my date and if we can't have the big wedding on our day, we'll probably still get married and have our reception in 1 year. Fingers crossed for all of us!
    • Reply
  • E
    Beginner July 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    We just moved ours. We are still going to be married legally on July 10th. My officiant is going to marry us in a cute one room chapel with our parents and my sister present only. We moved it to September 25th. All my vendors were okay with it. I only lost my photographer. I’m a nurse and honestly this is going to get worse before it gets better. I do believe we will have a hold of this by early June but will people be comfortable going out to a large event? Probably not. And we will loose people who have to fly in for the fear of it still lurking in airports. We also still need to get suits and rings. I just didn’t want to cram all that in either. I felt MUCH better after I moved it. I know now the majority of my guests will feel safe and it will be long after the majority of this so it will be stress free! The most important thing to be isn’t the date but making sure everyone has a good time
    • Reply
  • S
    Beginner October 2020
    Sabon ·
    • Flag

    Hi everyone!!

    I'm July 25, 2020 and freaked out as well. Basically everyone around me is like errr are you going to move it?? ( They're thinking people may still be weird about social distancing )

    I really don't want to !! I am keeping an open/positive mind but I did contact my venue and church to see other options.

    I think I will follow you all all assess the situation in May/June.

    I would also hate to postpone a full year and then July comes around and everything is back to semi normal!

    Thanks !!! Sending positive thoughts to everyone!!

    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated January 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    That sounds like a great plan!! Yeah I just sent out my invitations last week. They were also done back in early March. I just made a facebook group for my family and friends, just letting them know I am continuing as normal, but will make a final decision come closer to the end of May. I only will have a total of 50 people and that includes photographer and all, so I am praying that at least we can have 50 people gatherings by that point! I wish you nothing but the best! Prayers and love for everything dealing with this stressful decision!

    • Reply
  • Elizabeth
    Just Said Yes February 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Are you in Virginia, too?
    • Reply
  • Stephanie
    Devoted July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Same to you!
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics