We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Liz
Devoted June 2021

It’s a sad day!

Liz, on April 7, 2020 at 2:06 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 7
Saved Save
Today we made the decision to postpone our June wedding for a year. I am truly devastated... We were at first going to try for August but now they’re saying though the stay at home will be lifted the large group gathering ban may last through the summer. Plus with so many of our friends and family out of work and not getting paid we felt it wasn’t fair to ask them to pay for travel expenses and hotel rooms. I have packed EVERYTHING away because looking at it hurts to much. I’m trying not to be selfish but man this stings.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Margaret, on April 8, 2020 at 9:42 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry to hear Smiley sad i know that must have been a hard choice to make . i hope things work out for you

• Olivia
    Dedicated December 2022
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry you had to make that decision! These times are really tough.

• Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

So sorry you had to postpone! Stay positive!

• Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    It’s ok to be sad and hurt that you had to postpone. That isn’t being selfish at all.
    I’m sorry you had to make that decision but I do think it is a good decision. You’re right with so many people out of work finances are tough right now and that will continue through the summer while people try to dig their way out. My guess is that if you had continued with your planned wedding you may have been able to do it, but a lot of your guests probably wouldn’t make it. I had to take a two week quarantine without pay so I know for me I won’t be taking any trips or vacations for a while. Yes it’s only one paycheck, but that one paycheck is important to my overall budget.
    You made the right decision and it’s ok to be sad and hurt that you had to. I’m sorry. Hang in there.
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry!! We did the exact same thing, postponed for a year. It's the only way I felt like we could do it how we wanted, and all of our guests could afford to come. It's really a bummer. I packed all my stuff away too. It's not selfish to feel this way. We were all planning the wedding of our dreams, and it all got shattered by something out of our control. Of course you're hurt!

Just don't stay sad too long. Take your moment, then get back to a new countdown to the wedding of your dreams!! Good luck!

• Autumn
    Devoted July 2020
    Autumn ·
    • Flag

Maybe you can legally get married when town halls reopen and do the celebration when makes most sense? Our emergency plan for our summer wedding is to have just our parents, 2 siblings, pastor, and photographer there (meeting the 10 people max gatherings), all safely social distanced with optional masks. Maybe if you are really heartbroken (like I would be too!!) a mini mini wedding is better than cancelling or postponing so long? Best of luck!! Smiley heart

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

Oh no! I'm so sorry, I know how hard that decision was to make. Try and stay positive. Things will get better and we will all be better for it (I hope)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles