Brittany
Beginner April 2020

Intimate Courthouse or big wedding

Brittany, on August 27, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Posted in Planning 44

Hi , everyone. Im really having a hard decision on having a Courthouse wedding or a medium size wedding Im getting married May 2020. My fiancee wants a medium size and out of city wedding but, I want really want to save money and dont want to hurt my fiancee feelings.Any suggestions?
Hi , everyone. Im really having a hard decision on having a Courthouse wedding or a medium size wedding Im getting married May 2020. My fiancee wants a medium size and out of city wedding but, I want really want to save money and dont want to hurt my fiancee feelings.Any suggestions?

44 Comments

• Thera
    Beginner May 2020
    Thera ·
    • Flag

Maybe you could have a small ceremony with just close family/friends to attend and then hold a reception at a nice restaurant you like. Where I live there are many historic houses, chapels, and garden gazebos owned by the county that can be rented at a low cost for small ceremonies/receptions. Maybe there are similar options where you live as well. I have also been debating between a small or larger wedding so I understand. Honestly, some of the best weddings I have attended in the past were small/intimate weddings.

• Alicia
    Dedicated July 2020
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    Try a local state park, that's where my fh and I are having ours. It's just as gorgeous and only a few hundred dollars
  • Brittany
    Beginner April 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Me and my fiancee decided to do a 50 people church wedding and have dinner at a restaurant. And later within 3 to 5 months have a party as our reception later.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted April 2020
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag
    Courthouse. It will save both of you money.

Comment on this discussion