Sara
Super July 2019

Instead of Favors We Are....

Sara, on July 19, 2019 at 9:32 AM Posted in Planning 0 14
Saved Save

Hi all,

So, FH and I were discussing wedding favors and we came up with the perfect replacement.

Instead of the favors, we are donating what we would have spent to a charity called, "Angels of America's Fallen" which is an organization that supports positive activities and grief outlets for families (especially children) who have lost first responder / military loved ones.

FH and I are both in law enforcement, so we felt like it was the right thing to do.

14 Comments

• Nikita
    VIP April 2019
    Nikita ·

I love that idea!

• Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    Great idea and I think your guests will see how meaningful it is to you both and appreciate it.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·

This is such a wonderful idea, Sara.

I love it

• Chantell
    Savvy May 2020
    Chantell ·

I really love this idea!

• A
    Dedicated April 2021
    Arianna ·
    I think this is amazing! My fiancé is a LEO and my brothers are in the military so we have considered doing the same thing!
  • Sara
    Devoted April 2020
    Sara ·
    This is sooo awesome!! Great idea!
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    That's a really nice and generous idea
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

That's so sweet of you and FH! That's a wonderful alternative

• A
    Devoted August 2019
    Amanda ·
    Love it! We also just printed little cards stating that we made a donation for each place setting 😊 or you could do a sign or something. I think it's nice for people to know at the wedding
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

LOVE this idea! As someone who comes from a long line of service members, I have a soft spot for military families.

We're doing something similar- each of our ten tables will have a donation card to a different charity that mean something to us as a couple.

One for each of the three rescues we adopted our pets, the non-profit organization that runs the place where we had our first date, our local library branch, the food banks I volunteer for, a local environmental non-profit.

While most our in our community, we're donating to two national organizations: Child's Play and Lumos. Child's Play helps with acquiring game systems for pediatric hospitals. And Lumos , founded by JK Rowling, works towards finding kids in orphanages all over the world loving homes.

Instead of Favors We Are.... 1

• anna
    Dedicated July 2018
    anna ·

Great idea! I never understood the concept of favors anyway.

• Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·

Heartwarming. And unique. I love it.

• Sara
    Super July 2019
    Sara ·
    View Quoted Comment

OHHHH I really like this idea!

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. 😁 We both felt it was silly to put all of that time and effort into favors no one will take.

Comment on this discussion