We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Liz
Devoted June 2021

i think I’m going to die!

Liz, on January 2, 2020 at 5:12 PM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved Save
Just broke my leg 6 months before my wedding.. so much to do and the day it’s an 7 week recovery. I’m grateful it wasn’t closer to the wedding but come in did it have to happen at all... Family is all far away so not much help there... It’s going to be a busy last inning stretch for sure...

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sara, on January 2, 2020 at 10:29 PM
  • Jasmine
    Dedicated August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    You got this! The only advice I can give is to watch your weight. I’ve been in a situation like that and due to the fact that I had to lay all day to recover, I gained 20 pounds in 4 months. I wish someone would of warned me before Smiley sad
  • Liz
    Devoted June 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good advice! I did think of that.. Not sure how to handle that having to be a couch potato but I’m sure going to try!
  • Jasmine
    Dedicated August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    Well for me since I would cry anytime I would get on my feet (to the point that I was just dragging myself everywhere, therefore couldn’t get up to cook). It became too easy to just have food delivered to me. With nothing to do but lay around and eat that’s how I gained weight. So maybe having healthy food in the fridge to snack on. The positive side to this is that you’ll be forced to stay in for a while, therefore you will really get to finish planning the wedding, through online shopping and phone calls! I hope you recover soon!!
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I just broke mine in October and luckily I’m already married but like the PP said be careful not to gain weight. I only gained 4 pounds in 8 weeks but that was still more than I wanted. Luckily more stores have those motorized scooters and wheelchairs now so you can still get around and do things. I had to do all of my holiday stuff in those but it worked. Good luck.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

I broke my kneecap (which is much more painful/problematic than you might think!) 6 months before daughter's wedding, where I wanted nothing more than to dance and celebrate with my sweet girl. As soon as I got clearance from my orthopedist, I started PT and let them know what my goals were. I accomplished them and danced the night away! Good luck to you! Smiley heart

• Monica
    Super October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    So sorry to hear that. Unfortunately my mom (69yrs old) needs to have surgery soon and my wedding is literally 3months away. It is so stressful but I couldn’t what I would do if it was me especially so close to the day. Good luck! I pray you have a speedy recovery, hopefully 3mo from now you will be almost healed.
  • Sara
    Dedicated August 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    I feel you, I had hip surgery to repair a tear and take some bone off. Recovery is 6 to 8 months. Had it back in October. Wedding is in May. I have physical therapy 2 times a week. I also suggest watching your weight, even tho I had the opposite problem because depression hit me hard from losing all independence. I hardly ate for 2 months. Here's to hoping we all recover in time for our weddings!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles