Gen
Champion June 2019

“I think I’m available”

Gen, on May 14, 2019 at 11:03 AM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved
Does she think that’s an RSVP? 🙄

That was the text I got back when I asked my friend if she got our invitation and would be attending... I told her we needed her final answer by Friday and she says “I think I’m available.” 😒 Obviously I’m not counting that as a “yes” but if I don’t hear from her by Friday, do I reach out one more time or just mark her as a no??

24 Comments

Latest activity by Libby, on May 22, 2019 at 4:51 PM
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    • Flag
    That is annoying. If you're so inclined send her text Friday saying "hi we need your answer today in order to inform our caterer of our guest count. If I don't hear from you, I'll count you as a no and hope to see you another time." Or whatever lol.
  • Rachael
    Dedicated June 2019
    Rachael ·
    • Flag

Agree with Steph, you wouldn't want to put her as a no and then she shows up so I would confirm. Did she get a plus one? Maybe she's salty about that or something.

• Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I would tell her that you need to know a yes or no by Friday as it's important to know the head count for a wedding. If not then count her as a no but have a few extra seats?
  • Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

That's terrible! I would take that as she will come if nothing else comes up...so rude! Hopefully this is the end of the RSVP troubles for you!

• Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    What!? People are so weird! Definitely not an answer.
  • Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    That’s annoying. I would follow up with something like, that’s awesome but I need a definite yes or no answer to provide our venue with accurate numbers for food.
  • Brittany
    Dedicated August 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    That is terrible. I’d reach out one more time and let her know the importance of receiving a DEFINITE answer.
  • J
    Master October 2019
    Jolie ·
    • Flag

I literally have no patience for this kind of stuff hahah. Like what in the heck kind of answer is that... I probably would've texted back "So is that yes or no?". People are so bizarre.. Like this isn't just a hang out session. I need to know if I am spending money for you to come or not..

• S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    I’m gonna assume that this girl has never planned a wedding before and has no idea how annoying this type of response is lol. You can kindly reply that you need a final answer Friday so you can give your caterer a headcount, and if you don’t hear back you’ll unfortunately have to mark her as a “no”. I get it, work schedules and life can sometimes be difficult to arrange ahead of time, but if it’s a friend or family member that I truly care about and I’ve known about the wedding/event for months I’m going to make it work or at least give them a concrete answer. It’s not gonna be some “wait and see” type of situation.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This. Firm yet gracious.
  • Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Goodness. I would reach out again on Friday to get a definite yes or no. I think I'm available is not an appropriate answer.

• Jacque
    Dedicated July 2019
    Jacque ·
    • Flag
    Yea I would reply back with.. good to hear let me know by Friday when u've checked ur schedule & know for sure thank u
  • B
    Super July 2018
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I seriously don't understand why people can't seem to commit to anything these days. I would tell her "Sorry I need a definite yes or no. I need to give in my final count and I don't want to be short or pay for people that don't show up"

• Sarah
    Devoted October 2018
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Yeah I would definitely reach out again and say we need a definitely yes or no by "X" date. It almost seems like in her mind she said yes, but obviously we all know that's definitely not a definitive answer, lol.

• Stephanie
    Super June 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

I feel your pain!! I just need a simple YES or NO. I don't understand how difficult that is.

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    I would respond with “okay just let me know for sure by Friday so I can include you in our headcount for [venue/caterer/whatever]” — I feel like calling attention to a specific need for a definitive answer will hopefully help get you one 🤞🤞
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's almost exactly what I said haha, and then she didn't answer -.- hopefully she'll get back to me by Friday but idk what to do if she doesn't! Part of me just wants to say screw it, I gave her a chance and she isn't coming, but then part of me is like... what if she thinks that saying "I think I'm available" IS as much as a confirmation as she thinks she needs to give...?

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

"I think.." is not an answer. I'd reach out again since you didn't get a clear answer the first time. People really don't understand how important it is to say yes or no!

• Jordan
    Expert September 2019
    Jordan ·
    • Flag

I'm beginning to realize that some people don't know proper wedding etiquette. I would respond now with something like, "okay cool. Just let me know for sure by Friday. I totally understand if you can't make it, just need to make sure that the caterer has the right number of people."

• Cynthia
    Expert June 2019
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag
    That is so annoying!!! My fh cousin keeps flip flopping her answer. So I know how you feel but I have a little more time than you do.. I would reach out to on Friday. And just say " hey, I need a straight answer for dinner"

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics