Skip to main content
Jocelyn
Savvy December 2020

i think i picked the wrong dress!!!

Jocelyn, on February 19, 2020 at 1:29 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 48
Saved
I’m completely freaking out because I just noticed that the dress I just ordered this past Saturday doesn’t have the low back I was set on and I think I chose the wrong dress! I was between 2 dresses and I’m looking at photos of both dresses and I think I made the wrong choice! Has my dress been ordered or can I come in and try the other dress on?! I’m freaking out because it was the first dress I’ve ever tried on and I was so overwhelmed! The 2 dresses were the same designer and not even within $100-$200 of each other in price.

They said the dress would arrive in May-June and I’d get alterations from there. Obviously it’s an “all sales are final” policy but is there any hope?!! I bought it full price! Help!

48 Comments

Latest activity by Mel, on February 21, 2020 at 7:47 PM
  • Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Hi Jocelyn,
    Call them first thing and ask, every shop is different, if the designer hasn't processed your order you may be okay, I changed my mind about my dress within 5 days and I was able to change, good luck!i think i picked the wrong dress!!! 1
    My first choice, my dream dress belowi think i picked the wrong dress!!! 2

• Jocelyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the response Don...praying to God I can! Do you think I should send an email plea, call, or come in??!

Btw, that dress is beautiful and is so similar to the style I got/also want!!
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I could be wrong but I think most bridal salons wait to place the order to leave room for second thoughts and doubts, mistakes, etc. My salon gave me a week to call back and change my mind or cancel. I’m sure they deal with this all the time! Just call Smiley smile
  • Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Jocelyn,
    I would email in case they check them before the store opens, and also call right at opening, the fact that it's the same designer may help your cause as well, that helped me because both of my dresses were Stella York! Can I see your dresses?
  • Jocelyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I’m worried if I email them, it’s easier for them to say no. I’m definitely overthinking and panicking!
    i think i picked the wrong dress!!! 3i think i picked the wrong dress!!! 4

• Jocelyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I really hope you’re right! Thank you! ❤️
  • Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh Jocelyn, they're both STUNNING, take a deep breath, call them first thing, I think you'll be okay, don't worry!!! I'm a lace girl, that dress is positively GORGEOUS, you'll be a beautiful 👰
  • Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Who is the designer girl?
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Master July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    I’d email them. If they say no. Don’t answer the email call or go back to the store.
  • Rachael
    Expert May 2021
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    Call first thing today it's the quickest way and just say hey I'm freaking out can you stop the order and I'll be in asap to try the 2 back on!
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I would call them ASAP. Some salons allow you to make changes early on. My cousin changed her mind a few days after placing her order and was able to get it changed. Good luck!!
  • Molly
    Savvy May 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    Email now, call right when they open, and go in if they say no!

Ps though BOTH of those dresses are gorgeous AND don’t forget a good alteration person can work wonders!!!!
  • Bethany
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Bethany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Anxiety is awful, just relax. You have plenty of time to fix it, and designers/bridal shops are USUALLY quite understanding.
  • Bethany
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Bethany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    “And go in If they say no” 🤣 I love it. I’m the same way. Don’t take no for an answer!
  • Molly
    Savvy May 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hahahaha girl.... it’s OUR WEDDING DAY! 🤣♥️
  • Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

It definitely depends on the designer! I know some start production and get them shipped out sooner than others. Call ASAP. My bridal boutique was not the nicest and I'm pretty sure they would have told me no but it's worth a shot!

• Jocelyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much! They’re Essense of Australia ❤️ I love them both but one of the things I wasn’t sure of was the rum color underneath since it’s not as “traditional”!
  • Jocelyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Let’s pray they’re nice and understanding! 🙏🏼 Thank you!!
  • Jocelyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m the worst with confrontation but if there’s any time for persistence, this is definitely one of those times 😩
  • Jocelyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah, I think my best bet is to just be completely honest 🤞🏼

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics