We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Safiya
Dedicated June 2021

i said yes to the dress

Safiya, on August 29, 2020 at 5:04 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 51
Saved Save

i said yes to the dress 1

i said yes to the dress 2
I said yes to the dress! I'm on the fence on if I should get the veil in the picture or not. My family said it takes away from the beauty of the dress. Also my family wanted me to choose another dress and they weren't really happy with my dress choice which is making me second guess if I chose the right dress. How do you guys think look in my dress?
Also how many dresses did you try on before you found the one?

51 Comments

Latest activity by Safiya, on September 2, 2020 at 2:15 AM
  • S
    Savvy June 2021
    Samirah ·
    • Flag
    I think your dress is beautiful! It’s all about what you want to wear on your wedding day. I do see how the veil can take away from your dress. You can try on diff veils and diff lengths to see what you like the most with the dress.
  • Mrsnonewname
    VIP April 2021
    Mrsnonewname ·
    • Flag
    I tried on about a few dozen dresses and unfortunately, I never found the one. Fh and I talked and we decided to go a very casual route bc we both agreed that a formal wedding was not "us."
  • Safiya
    Dedicated June 2021
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! and yes I'm going to look at different veils, my consultant told me that the veil in the picture was a match for that specific dress.

• Safiya
    Dedicated June 2021
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

A formal wedding isn't for everyone, but I'm glad that you guys were able to come to an agreement. It probably was less stressful.

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine Online ·
    • Flag
    I think it looks amazing on you! I went to 2 different bridal shops when o was trying on dresses. I didn’t find one at the first shop, but at the second I immediately knew it was the dress when I put it on. How many dresses did you try on total?
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations!! Beautiful dress! I agree with previous comments, try on a few other veils. I love the detail on the one in the picture, but if you think it takes away from the dress detail, maybe try on a few veils that are a little more plain so that the detail on your dress stands out?
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    That dress is gorgeous! I honestly think the veil is nice too, almost like an extension of your dress but you don't have to bustle it you just take it off.
    If you feel glamorous and beautiful in it and it fits your style/ budget, GO FOR IT.
    I made my own Franken dress, so clearly trying on lots wasn't my solution. 😂
  • Safiya
    Dedicated June 2021
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I tried about 6 dresses total and I cried when i put this dress on for the second time.

• Safiya
    Dedicated June 2021
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I definitely have to try more on. I do love the one in the picture also. Decisions. Decisions

• Leanne
    Rockstar September 2020
    Leanne ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful!! I’m team veil allll the way. My dress is a similar silhouette and open back. And you’ll take it off after pictures anyway, so most of the time you wouldn’t have it on.
  • Safiya
    Dedicated June 2021
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I was thinking about only wearing the veil for the ceremony and taking it off for the reception, and lol.

• Safiya
    Dedicated June 2021
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! That's true. I'm not changing my dress for the reception, so people would have a chance to see the dress without the veil.

• Leanne
    Rockstar September 2020
    Leanne ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Everybody wins lol
  • MIWM
    VIP June 2019
    MIWM ·
    • Flag

Such a beautiful dress! Congrats!!!

• Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I think your dress is beautiful on you and I love the veil. The key is that you have to love it and don’t listen to other people. Maybe try on a few more to make this is it. I just went this week with my daughter and she tried in 8 dresses and picked her dress in 48 minutes. She just knew when she put it on and we all cried that it was the one. I hope you find the perfect dress for you.
  • Safiya
    Dedicated June 2021
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Safiya
    Dedicated June 2021
    Safiya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I did end up choosing this dress and I cried when i put it on as well! I was told that I would know when I found the one!

• Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Ooooooh that dress is stunning. You look amazing! Congrats on saying yes!

• Michelle
    Expert May 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

That dress is stunning! You look so beautiful. I like the veil with it.

• Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Wow, I couldn’t imagine why anyone would vote against this dress- it is gorgeous & you look amazing in it!! The veil is dramatic and fits the dress perfectly – I say go for it!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles