We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Rockie
Devoted June 2019

i lost too much weight .. 10 days out

Rockie, on June 12, 2019 at 10:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved Save
In March the zipper of my dress was looking really stretched to its limit and my steamstress (FMIL) told me I can’t gain any weight or else she may have to add a panel due to the type of bodice my dress has. So I paid attention to my food intake and increased cardio.... well here we are 10 days from the wedding and it’s big. Not like omg falling off but there is more room in the bust than I’d like and the straps look too long now. FMIL said it’s all an easy fix, just had thick push up bra cup and pin the straps in but now I am freaking out. My mom says it looks fine and it probably only feels big but I’m scared my stress level will cause me to lose more weight and be swimming in it. I’m going to try to increase calorie intact and do no cardio this week. Just needed to vent, anyone else have the same issue as me

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jo, on June 13, 2019 at 11:23 AM
  • Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I don’t have that issue, but I am concerned about it being like that in the future. I have my 2nd fitting at the end of the month and I know I’ve lost weight since my last visit due to a diet my dr put me on. It’s not for weight loss, but that has been a nice side effect. I would recommend you see your seamstress that did your alterations and see if anything can be done
  • Sarah
    Devoted June 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Eat your favorite foods and hopefully that will help yo reduce stress. I love bread and pasta, so I'd go for that.
  • Rockie
    Devoted June 2019
    Rockie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what FH said haha he was like that’s great! We can eat whatever we want this week
  • Rockie
    Devoted June 2019
    Rockie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    FMIL is my seamstress and she said if she needs to stay up the night before the wedding she will hah but I don’t want her to do that and last minute alterations scare me. Congrats on working on your health! Glad it had a happy side effect
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    Aww this happens in how I met your mother. I think she decides to eat tons of chocolate and food all week https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlzyHynxKA
  • Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'd have her look at it a day or two before and have her make the alterations. If you feel like it's too big, even if it doesn't look it, then you won't be comfortable all day. I had my final alterations done a few days before our wedding and she even had to make a few quick adjustments while I waited. Not a big deal. The big adjustments (bustle, hemming, etc.) have already been done.
  • Rockie
    Devoted June 2019
    Rockie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s comforting to know I’m not the only one who needs a few last minute tweaks. All the major stuff is perfect so hopefully a few days before those final touches can get there too
  • Rockie
    Devoted June 2019
    Rockie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hahha that was literally me today, although I wouldn’t say mine was nearly as big haha
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I was losing weight from stress up until the wedding and my seamstress had to take it in 3 days prior because it was too big even though she altered it the previous week. It shouldn’t be a big deal to take in.
  • Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is good that you have her handy if you decide to do a last minute fix! I’m sure it will work out fine 😀
  • Madison
    Dedicated August 2020
    Madison ·
    • Flag

Ha - I hope I can have this problem! Bring out the wine, cheese, and bread/pasta! Just enough to get your weight up slightly, but not enough to feel gross and bloated!

Worst case, you can just pin it and do the extra padded bra.

• CountryBride
    Dedicated May 2019
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag

I had a similar issue. I lost so much weight before the wedding due to stress. I am a "stress no eater" When I ordered my dress in November I was 1 size. When it came in January it was big. I wasn't trying to lose weight but the stress made it happen. I also had to get my dress altered a couple of times. It was practically 2 sizes too big when I got in January. The seamstress did a great job. I think overall I lost about 20 or so lbs from November to the wedding day in May. Plus side, clothes that didn't fit before that I was going to get rid of now fit and some are even very loose. Everyone asked me what my secret was to losing the weight, I just said "plan a wedding" For me it was an instant diet. I wish you good luck and I'm sure the dress will fit perfectly.

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

Bring fashion tape as a backup in case there is any gaping around the bust, but pinning the straps and wearing a little padding sound like they might be enough to make you feel secure. I used Hollywood fashion tape when my dress was too big, I needed to use a lot but it did the trick for the ceremony, and I didn't care it was a little loose during dancing (in fact that was probably for the best because I didn't leave the dance floor!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles