Tia
Savvy April 2021

i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together?

Tia, on January 1, 2020 at 10:58 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 16
Saved
Hi! I’m excited to share that I found my dress! I purchased and then returned a veil after getting some veil anxiety...

Here’s the dress:i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together? 1My next steps are to determine the following:

Do I wear a formal filipinx shawl or a modern update? i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together? 2
Do I wear a hair piece with small rhinestones? Keep it simple with an updo or simple hair?
I am considering altering the shoulders to be in the form of the traditional formal filipinx “terno”:i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together? 3(Those are terno sleeves)...

Any thoughts? There’s a lot going on in the dress already but I want to at least consider the entire look before I move on!
Thanks so much for your help!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Tia, on January 2, 2020 at 12:27 PM
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

It's so pretty! Is it BHLDN? I think if you're going to have anything, a simple cathedral length veil that echoes the patterning in the dress would be gorgeous!

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    So ironic... I purchased the exact same dress and I was literally JUST looking online for veil options.
  • Tia
    Savvy April 2021
    Tia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think it’s sold at BHLDN but it’s by Willowby by Watters. If I go the veil route I may diy rhinestones to it! Thanks!
  • Tia
    Savvy April 2021
    Tia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey dress-twin! Let me know what you ultimately decide 😇
  • vttn
    Dedicated May 2020
    vttn ·
    • Flag
    First of all, absolutely beautiful dress! I think it would be better without the additional terno sleeves because the dress itself already has sleeves with details on it. As for the veil, a plain veil or one with pearls on it would go very well with the dress. Good luck!
  • Tia
    Savvy April 2021
    Tia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Vy! I’d just modify the shoulders and keep the bishop sleeve— no overlapping involved. But yeah, perhaps simpler is the way to go Smiley smile
  • Dierdra
    Super August 2021
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

Love all of the feedback - also remember that you can do some pictures with the veil during the ceremony and then pictures without the veil to see more of the dress details as well! Love the dress and love the modern veil option!

• Tia
    Savvy April 2021
    Tia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh yes! You're right. I'm really in love with the details of the dress so I'll add opportunities to capture those for my photographer's shot list. Thanks Smiley star

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

Gorgeous dress!! i would do like a simple floral head piece or something.

i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together? 4
    i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together? 5
    i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together? 6

• Tia
    Savvy April 2021
    Tia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oooh those are wonderful. I'm inspired to find a floral headpiece with specific culturally-relevant (Filipinx) flowers. Maybe Sampaguita (Jasmine) or something else. Thank you :]

• L
    Savvy October 2019
    Lené ·
    • Flag
    I would say keep the accessories simple so that the dress stands out more. What is the theme of your wedding?
  • Tia
    Savvy April 2021
    Tia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree. I'm thinking same champagne-shade shoes (simple) and something more streamlined on my head (ha). We are having our ceremony+reception at a nature center in Wisconsin (glaciated patchwork of oak savanna, wetlands, prairies and woodlands) so our theme is Nature-Minimal with a Filipinx twist! We hope we can incorporate aspects of our relationship like: our love for learning about the natural world, our long distance period between the Midwest and Alaska, my Philippines heritage, and other personal touches here and there)

• L
    Savvy October 2019
    Lené ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You can even do a simple headband or tiara or maybe if you want a little more nature incorporated, a small floral crown?i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together? 7

i found my dress! Any advice for pulling your day of look together? 8

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Of course! i think you will look gorgeous! the floral headpiece will be a nice addition Smiley smile i would recommend Etsy! they have so many options and the shops will most likely personalize it or help with a custom order

• S
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Seukpanya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The wedding dress is gorgeous. Love it. Is it super sheer? Veil wouldn’t look good. Perhaps real floral headpieces will do.
  • Tia
    Savvy April 2021
    Tia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Only the sleeves are sheer. The best layer is opaque.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics