We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Laura
Super September 2020

i did it!!! :p Budget brides - check this out!

Laura, on March 10, 2020 at 4:39 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 24
Saved Save

So accessories drove me as crazy as finding my dress. So, I posted here and received a veil suggestion that I love! Pictures are below. It also saved me money! Since the veil was only $50 (and has sparkly thread throughout - not rhinestones or pearls - swoon!), I bought *both* looks (shoes, earrings, bracelets, and veil) that I've been choosing between - rose gold and ivory for... wait for it... $215.

Costs: Both pairs of shoes combined were $65. The veil was $50. The earrings (both pairs) $60. Both bracelets were $40 combined. All in - I'm at $215!? And I can go with any combination that I like. Smiley smile So now... I have everything pictured here - and on a budget!

89438362_2458636537782866_5140825774546289471201_548794412662531_719009353635043

24 Comments

Latest activity by Amy, on March 12, 2020 at 5:20 PM
  • Chantal
    Expert May 2021
    Chantal ·
    • Flag

Lovely work! I love the combination you have! Those cream colored shoes look sooooo amazing.

• Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg - they have bows on the back!!!! Smiley laugh I just found them yesterday! I'd been looking at only open toe shoes... And then today - I was like - nope those are meant to be mine. Aren't they fabulous! I love that I can mix and match whatever - I am so excited!!!!

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Awesome ! Everything looks really good
  • Onya
    Expert October 2020
    Onya ·
    • Flag

Can be very easy to budget if done right.

• Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Veils are so expensive and often we are left with cut edge and plain in whatever length to save cost. I'm glad that mine has some detail and not basic edging even on a budget. I don't want to go crazy and I wasn't sure if I wanted a veil - but I felt bridal and happy when I put it on. And that's what I decided mattered most.

• Onya
    Expert October 2020
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Completely right! I'm probably getting mines from Amazon. They have beautiful ones that don't break the bank.

• Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's where I was looking. I wanted pearls but they looked like big spots. Then I thought rhinestones but they can look black depending on how the light hits them. This veil is like wearing a universe of stars without dark spots or all ball like spots. So many people in the salon wanted to see it - even the workers! Swoon!

• Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My ivory shoes are from Amazon. I don't like them as a company but I couldn't find them elsewhere. And they have the most amazing bow on the back and really great reviews - all for under $50.

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    Great job!
  • Chantal
    Expert May 2021
    Chantal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I am sure the bows are awesome!! I can't wait to see everything put together, dress and all!! Smiley heart

• Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I should be going to try it all on in 10 days - 2 weeks. Then fittings in May. I don't know if my destination wedding will happen, but I am wearing this to somewhere and promising forever - even if it's a cardboard box. Ha! Smiley heart

• Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely gorgeous earrings! I’m looking for something similar (been looking on Etsy). Any shop recommendations?
  • Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    David's bridal... Lol. That's where mine are from. I have no idea why my dress looks cream colored. I'll have to fix that! Everything is ivory. Lol!!!
  • Amy
    Beginner October 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    Where did you find the necklace? That’s been my hardest find.
  • Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    That's a bracelet. But David's does have matching pieces.
  • Laura
    Super September 2020
  • Amy
    Beginner October 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh that’s too funny. I really like that shape. I’ve been looking at all the sites and not finding exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks!!
  • Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I do hope that you find it - it's a stunning bracelet - I'd love it as a necklace! Smiley heart

• Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Here's hoping this looks less creamy yellow. Smiley laugh Does anyone ever look at their typos on posts and cringe? lol!

89102146_646823746051246_752855371823762

• MeetTheRobinsons
    Devoted June 2020
    MeetTheRobinsons ·
    • Flag

Laura you did awesome; were where you when I needed help? LOL Congratulations and I'm sure you're going to look awesome Smiley diamond Smiley ring

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics