Talia
Super October 2020

Hypocritical much?

Talia, on September 10, 2020 at 8:27 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 39
Saved

I know we are in a pandemic but this is what ticks me off. Our wedding is in 30 days and people are declining to come to our wedding because of their fear of covid. I totally get it. But don't get caught posting on Facebook or Instagram for being at the beach/being around a ton of people or going on a vacation for a week. That just isn't right at all. I just had to vent a little about it. People shouldn't be so hypocritical.

39 Comments

Latest activity by Kari, on September 16, 2020 at 11:30 AM
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

Some Are Using COVID As An Excuse, When In Reality They Just Dont Want To Come. I Can See How That Would Be Irritating

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh yeah for sure! I totally agree with that.

• Emily
    Expert September 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    It does suck, I feel you. I think everyone has their own risk tolerances, and they don't always make sense.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

Wow instead of just declining, people are making excuses. It would be different if they were really scared of going out but the beaches are usually VERY crowded which will probably be worst!

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It doesn't. It's just sad seeing pictures on Facebook or hear of people going to parties but decline. It's just bizarre.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I don't really think this is fair. This is the first time that any of us have lived through a pandemic. It's a learning curve for everyone and that means that you might feel comfortable doing things that someone else wouldn't and vice versa. It's completely reasonable that someone would find it safer to go on vacation with their immediate family, than attending a wedding with possibly hundreds of strangers. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that you've gotten some declines, but I would try to be understanding and not judgmental.

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

100% and these people have been to the Jersey beaches which are always crowded or Ocean city maryland which another that place is totally crowded.

• Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    Girl, this is normal. People STAY inconsistent.
    The other day my uncle cancelled going outside fishing with me due to his "fear" of COVID. Mind you, his 6yo grandbaby lives part time with him and she gas brought back pinworms, lice, and so many other illnesses/infections/viruses from her other household. He STILL sleeps in the bed with this child and kisses her on the mouth. Ewww when the child kisses her mom on the mouth and the mom has had several oral and private part STIs from various partners.
    I do not kiss nor hug my uncle, ever. Never had. I was shocked that he's not scared of his habbits with his grandbaby but is scared to go outside fishing with me when I do not touch him. A simple "not feeling fishing" this season would have sufficed.
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh yeah I totally get it. I feel for some people that declined because they have kids and other fears that they have being around strangers and such. I understand reservations of not wanting to be around people. I just don't like seeing people on a crowded beach or actually at a bar with friends at the beach surrounded by a lot of people but also not being around their immediate family. It's just hard being understanding to some people like that. I'm being a little harsh because we're living through a pandemic but I have my rights of venting about this.

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I agree that it's frustrating! Especially when places they are visiting are all crowded. However, I wonder if it's that some people are more comfortable being around others in an outdoor environment (such as the beach), but not comfortable with an indoor wedding (or other indoor event)? That may be why they declined.
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Holy cow! I don't even have words for that! Seriously if that were me I would feel the same if that was the answer. That is such facts that people are inconsistent.

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That could be something too. The thing is my ceremony is outside and also our reception is in a tent patio that has open air flow and opened to the outside. They could've asked our parents or one of us. Our venue has made it safe for other weddings that I have seen.

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes and Ocean City is definitely a hotspot smh

• Kimistar
    Dedicated March 2021
    Kimistar ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    100% agree. It’s unfair to judge someone when situations are different. When going to the beach or mall, I don’t expect to mingle with anyone other than my own group I’m traveling with. But at a wedding, especially a family member’s wedding, I can expect my aunts, uncles, and 50 of my cousins to come up to me. It does suck. The whole thing sucks but try to be a bit more understanding for some.
  • Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag

It's very irritating! At the end of the day your wedding will be amazing with our without them

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What's even worse is that last night we just gave our final numbers and had 2 people who originally accepted decline this morning. I agree with that!

• Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    Some people have legit fears of Covid which is totally understandable. But for some others, they probably just don’t want to go to your wedding and don’t understand to just rsvp with no. I wouldn’t take it personally. It could be for other reasons they don’t wanna attend your wedding like maybe they’re short on money or etc. but either way it sucks but you still should be understanding because we can never really know what’s actually going on in a persons life. But I do agree it doesSeem a bit hypocritical for people to be going out being surrounded by random strangers, but then declining to be around their own family how to socially distanced and controlled wedding environment
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    100% it’s frustrating. I learned that some people are weirdly ok with certain situations and not with others because some things to them are deemed as safe and some aren’t and unfortunately we can’t change that
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We really can't. It's just really mind blowing to me how it is. But everyone would be seated with their family who they've been around anyway.

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

THIS right here. 100% agree with Caytlyn.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics