Charlotte
Devoted September 2021

How to Stop Dress Regret

Charlotte, on May 3, 2020 at 7:41 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 26

Help me out here ladies!! I can't stop having dress regret 馃槶 My fiance said I should have stopped looking for other dresses but I can't help it when they pop up on my Instagram. I ended up looking a lot last night and oh mannnnnn 馃檲 Does getting your dress altered help these feelings? I haven't put...
Help me out here ladies!! I can't stop having dress regret 馃槶 My fiance said I should have stopped looking for other dresses but I can't help it when they pop up on my Instagram. I ended up looking a lot last night and oh mannnnnn 馃檲 Does getting your dress altered help these feelings? I haven't put my dress on since I picked it up in January. As of now, my wedding is still on for September. I know getting it altered probably won't be until summer or later.

Here's my current dress. I remember wanting to cry when I tried it on...I WANT to still love it because uh it was expensive. So please help 馃槀
cfb_1392041.jpg
cfb_1392043.jpg

26 Comments

• Charlotte
    Devoted September 2021
    Charlotte
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much Smiley heart I think I'll feel better once it's altered to me. I'll have to control myself to stop looking haha

• Charlotte
    Devoted September 2021
    Charlotte
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I never thought about that. You're absolutely right though...just because it looks good on a model doesn't mean it'll look good on me. I'm happy with what I have so I should stop thinking about the what ifs

• L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie
    • Flag

Stop looking as they鈥檙e all gorgeous and you鈥檇 look great. But I was in same boat. I went to 6 shops before finding the one. And then wanted to keep going as it was fun. It once it. Some in and tried it on it was still love. I haven鈥檛 seen it since February but loved it then. Yours is fabulous. Once you鈥檙e all jazzed up it will be perfect and you won鈥檛 regret it.

• Charlotte
    Devoted September 2021
    Charlotte
    • Flag
    How to Stop Dress Regret 1
    I tried on again and felt much better (: I actually got to try with my veil!
  • Nicole
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Nicole
    • Flag

OMG, that dress looks amazing on you! It's beautiful, I wouldn't have any regrets about it! But I know how you feel. I haven't seen or tried on my dress again since I first ordered it in January (and don't know when I will actually see it again with everything going on!) I look back at the pictures I took and I love it, but I also see all these other dresses online that I can't help but swoon over, wondering if I made the right decision. I think once you get it altered and it fits perfectly, you will feel better. But yea, that dress is gorgeous, I especially love the off the shoulder and the details!

• Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran
    • Flag

That dress is GORGEOUS! I completely understand though, I bought my dress two year before my wedding (also a September bride) but I love looking at wedding dresses and just can't help myself. There's a reason you fell in love with that dress and I periodically try mine on because every time I put it on I want to live in it, so maybe try putting your dress back on if you have it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics