Charlotte
Devoted September 2021

How to Stop Dress Regret

Charlotte, on May 3, 2020 at 7:41 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 26
Saved
Help me out here ladies!! I can't stop having dress regret 馃槶 My fiance said I should have stopped looking for other dresses but I can't help it when they pop up on my Instagram. I ended up looking a lot last night and oh mannnnnn 馃檲 Does getting your dress altered help these feelings? I haven't put my dress on since I picked it up in January. As of now, my wedding is still on for September. I know getting it altered probably won't be until summer or later.

Here's my current dress. I remember wanting to cry when I tried it on...I WANT to still love it because uh it was expensive. So please help 馃槀
How to Stop Dress Regret 1
How to Stop Dress Regret 2

26 Comments

Latest activity by Taran, on May 7, 2020 at 10:29 AM
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn
    • Flag
    Well first stop looking. Second, yes it does! I got a little worried over my dress, but getting it altered to fit me made me realize just how gorgeous it was! I think your dress is gorgeous and so stunning. Is there some part of it you would want to change?
  • Chasity
    Dedicated August 2020
    Chasity
    • Flag
    I think your dress is gorgeous. I absolutely love it. I stopped looking at dresses after i got mine to avoid this exact situation lol so far i don鈥檛 have any regrets. Good luck
  • Futuremrsn
    Devoted October 2020
    Futuremrsn
    • Flag
    Your dress is stunning!! That detail!!
    I found my dress two months after getting engaged (August 2019). Didn鈥檛 expect to find it, I walked into a David鈥檚 bridal with my Mom, sister, and niece, just for a casual experience of it. I found my dress within a few minutes, and had it altered a few months after (February 2020). I still haven鈥檛 seen the new alterations since everything closed shortly after. I鈥檓 going to probably have to have it altered again now that our wedding was postponed from May to October. Its always fun to be in the store and have your dress perfected to your body!
  • Charlotte
    Devoted September 2021
    Charlotte
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That gives me hope!! When I tried on my dress when it came in the one sleeve kept sliding off 馃槄 I actually tore the tulle slightly because I kept having to pull it up. I think the hardest part for me is in the beginning I was DEAD SET on this one dress. I know that now it doesn't work for the fall season at all and it looks WAY more expensive...I thought about trying on my dress again even though it's not altered with my veil and maybe I'll feel better
  • Charlotte
    Devoted September 2021
    Charlotte
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeahhhhh I think I'm going to have to have self discipline and stop looking 馃槄
  • Charlotte
    Devoted September 2021
    Charlotte
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!

This was my situation too!! I looked for dresses so shortly after we got engaged. We didn't even have an official date. I went to three stores and found my dress at the last one. The lady who helped me even said that my face lit up in it. I'm hoping that I can have it altered in a month or so because I want so badly to feel good in it again
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Honestly, work it girl! Yeah, my dress wasn't quite a good fit when it first came in - I'm broad and the off the shoulder sleeves were cutting into my skin - but after alterations it definitely feels like my dress. Try it on if you can, enjoy remembering why you picked it out! It's a gorgeous dress.
  • Sarahphillips
    Dedicated June 2021
    Sarahphillips
    • Flag
    Oh that鈥檚 so pretty! What other kind of dress are you wanting? Is it a different silhouette?
  • Charlotte
    Devoted September 2021
    Charlotte
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! 鉂 It's the same silhouette, just a different style and color. I can't pick out anything wrong with my current dress. I think maybe I just can't help but think about my original dream dress haha which was blush and covered with flowers. I know my current dress works better for my venue, a castle, and season...I have to stop looking at other ones 馃槄
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S
    • Flag
    Your dress is amazing. Other people are going to see this post and get dress regret lol. You really have to stop looking. And remember everyone has a different venue, season, color scheme, and body type. Something might look amazing but it鈥檚 not right for you. I wouldn鈥檛 give it another thought.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online
    • Flag
    That鈥檚 so gorgeous. Is the problem dress regret or dress envy? I know for me I loved mine but I would see other gowns and think man THOSE are so pretty too
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine
    • Flag

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! No need to have dress regret. It would help tremendously though if you stop looking lol.

• Charlotte
    Devoted September 2021
    Charlotte
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ohhhhh when you put it like that I guess I mostly have dress envy!
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle
    • Flag
    But..... but..... It鈥檚 beautiful! And it鈥檚 beautiful on you! Like others said, and I did as well, stop looking. Unfollow those pages. Once you have hair and make up done, dress on, you would look gorgeous!
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Amy
    • Flag
    I love your dress! I went through the same thing and ended up getting a different dress after a few months. I never had that crying feeling though when I was trying the first one on. I鈥檇 focus on all the accessories for your dress and not worry about what else is out there
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag
    Stop looking. It鈥檚 hard to do (I panicked too and went to another shop after I bought my dress). Yours is gorgeous and you loved it. Trust your gut. Focus on your hair, makeup & accessories but stop looking at dresses.
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a
    • Flag

The question is, do you have regret when you think about your dress? Or when you look at other dresses?

• Lena
    Devoted May 2021
    Lena
    • Flag

Stop looking! I always tell myself that everyone looks different in a wedding dress, just because it looks amazing on someone online doesn't mean it will look that way on me and vice versa. Good luck!

• Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy
    • Flag

OMG that dress is stunning!!!! Why would you even think of getting a different dress???

Also, the way to prevent dress regret?? STOP LOOKING AT DRESSES.

You have your dream dress. There's no reason to look at any others. Are you still looking at other guys, even though you found the one, just in case there's something better out there? Probably not. So, dresses should be the same.

When things pop up on your instagram IGNORE them.

• T
    Devoted August 2020
    Tina
    • Flag
    Omg! I鈥檓 in love with your dress! Stop looking that dress is perfect 馃檪

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics