Mariah
Savvy August 2019

How small is too small?

Mariah, on July 19, 2019 at 3:08 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 7
Saved Save
Our guest count has cut down considerably from what we were originally planning. We now will be having small, intimate wedding with about 50 guests. My question is, in your opinion how small is to small for a table head count? I have a lot of extenuating circumstances family wise and will only be having 4 people from my fathers side at my wedding(he will not be there). My mother’s family and them do not get along very well. I know they would keep it civil for me but I don’t want anyone to feel tense and not be able to enjoy themselves. Would it be weird to sit them as a table of four by themselves? The rest of our tables are ranging 6-8. I don’t see it as a huge deal but my FH is concerned about hurting anyone’s feelings.

7 Comments

• Ana
    Devoted September 2019
    Ana ·
    That’s tricky we are not having a seating plan so that people can be comfortable.
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    I have 65 people and no head table.
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    I would find it weird to have a table of 4. I think it makes it look like they can’t get along with others. Do you have a friend couple that could fill in space at the table?
  • Melle
    Master June 2019
    Melle ·
    I don't think that's so bad aha. I mean what's four vs six. I had some tables that weren't filled all the way and it was ok.
  • Cyndy
    VIP May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    I had 55 people and we did a sweetheart table with tables of 8 or 9 people. If you’re going to do them at a table for 4 I would try to keep the other tables small too so it doesn’t look odd or I would find a couple that you can sit with them.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz Online ·

As PP said, I think having them on their own would be a little awkward!

• M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W. ·

I would say skip the head table.

Comment on this discussion