We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Racheal
Dedicated June 2019

How much will your wedding cost?

Racheal, on March 30, 2019 at 1:46 PM

Posted in Planning 72

How much will do spend on your wedding when all is said & done? My fiancé is a go with the flow kind of guy & has been cool with everything I’ve wanted to choose for the wedding but lately he’s been commenting about how things are adding up. Me on the other hand, I am amazed at the great...
How much will do spend on your wedding when all is said & done?

My fiancé is a go with the flow kind of guy & has been cool with everything I’ve wanted to choose for the wedding but lately he’s been commenting about how things are adding up.
Me on the other hand, I am amazed at the great pricing I’m able to secure for us and that were able to have such top notch vendors, venue, 125 guests with sit down dinner, hor d’oeuvres, cocktail hour, my dream dress & his tux all for under $15k! I think he just has no clue the cost of things cuz he’s not the one wheeling & dealing & researching.

Any other brides having this experience with their man? If you want to share your average total cost & experiences & pics please do!

72 Comments

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

Our budget has been $3500 from the get go. After deciding last minute as in the past weekend to add a photo booth along with the other items that remained and will have to wait until the day is closer......we will be looking at around $4500. This doesn't include the honeymoon which we were gifted.

• Future Mrs. Kate Wilson
    Dedicated May 2023
    Future Mrs. Kate Wilson ·
    • Flag
    Honestly, I don't even know. We have nothing figured out yet and I am having the hardest time looking for venues in Northern California. The least of my worries, at the moment, would be my wedding budget. I am over stressing and I can't even remotely begin to think of numbers because you know how expensive and pricey everything is nowadays. It's just...bleh. But, I am glad that you got everything set and ready for your big day! It's nice to hear that from another bride. Hope it all works out for you, hon.
  • Vale
    Dedicated October 2021
    Vale ·
    • Flag
    All told, probably around $8,000 for absolutely everything. We were very lucky to find a perfect reception location for $1,000, and the food will only be around $20 per person. The food is going to be the biggest expense, we'll have about 160 people (ALL together, including us and the bridal party). My dress budget is $500, He's going to rent a tux, we have good friends who are professional photographers and videographers who will do that for us for very cheap, the DJ is also our officiant (I've known him for over 25 years) and will do both very cheap for us, we are very lucky!
  • Jessica
    Dedicated August 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We originally set our budget for $45k (we're paying for it ourselves). We're still a few months out from our August wedding and I'm estimating the total cost to come in around $75k. That's not including the honeymoon. This planning process is so stressful and I didn't realize how quickly costs add up.
  • Molly
    Super October 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    Hoping for under 15k
  • A
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Adrianne ·
    • Flag
    Our budget started at 10k. We're ending at about 31k.
  • Paula
    Super September 2019
    Paula ·
    • Flag

Since this is my first wedding and his 2nd, he is okay with everything I want but I am the one who is constantly checking the budget and trying to find the best deals so we don't have to dip into our savings.

• Dedicated May 0021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    OMG! I was so happy when I saw this, because I thought I was crazy spending over 34k. I keep telling FH we only get married once..just like you stated
  • Jordan
    Expert September 2019
    Jordan ·
    • Flag
    I’ve been way too lax with our budget so right now it looks like we’ll come in at about 35k.
  • Disneybride
    Dedicated April 2021
    Disneybride ·
    • Flag
    Hi after all is said and done I'm looking at 20 k
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

My fiance was definitely low balling from the jump. He just saw all the cool places that we could possibly have our wedding without really understanding the costs of the venue, catering, photography and videography, etc. From the beginning we had agreed we wanted a small wedding so that's not an issue. Once he really started seeing that prices were kind of ridiculous the more we added stuff, we decided to just elope with immediate family in Hawaii.

Most likely we'll have a dinner reservation afterward. We're adding a few Hawaiian traditions in our ceremony as well. The ceremony alone is a little over $1,800. It's going to also be our honeymoon trip so as far as we added (Airbnb, flight, transportation, etc), we're at about $9k.

• Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Fingers crossed no more than $14k.. we are doing well with cutting costs where we can. I think my FH was surprised too at how much things cost.. definetly a lot of upcharging in this industry.. "Oh it's a wedding.. that will be 40% more" Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics