Erin
Expert May 2020

How much is too much?

Erin, on July 9, 2019 at 2:58 PM

Posted in Hair and Makeup 27

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you guys spending on your makeup? I've gotten quotes for around $200 everywhere I look for airbrush and false lashes, including trial. I don't usually spend a lot on makeup (I buy drugstore EVERYTHING), so is that standard pricing??

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you guys spending on your makeup? I've gotten quotes for around $200 everywhere I look for airbrush and false lashes, including trial. I don't usually spend a lot on makeup (I buy drugstore EVERYTHING), so is that standard pricing??

27 Comments

• Elizabeth
    Beginner July 2019
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Well I lost my makeup bag in the airport so my friends chipped in with their makeup and we bought some eyebrow pencil and foundation that would match. You probably need a lot less makeup then you'd think to look nice on your special day.

• Susan
    Expert August 2019
    Susan ·
    • Flag
    I’m paying 75 for hair and 75 for airbrush makeup - those prices are for my trial and then the same for the day of. I think there’s an up charge to put my extensions in, but it’s nominal.
  • Christina
    Dedicated July 2019
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    I’m spending $35 on makeup and $30 on hair! And yes, it’s still quality work! Both are certified cosmetologists who have been my friends since elementary school!
  • Allison
    Dedicated October 2021
    Allison ·
    • Flag

For a metropolitan area, around $200 is normal for wedding hair/makeup, BUT I have worked with MUA'S who charge about $75 to $85 per person for makeup. They're possible to find. You may have to look for MUA in general and not specifically wedding artist.

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    A lot of places here (NJ) were charging between $150-$200 for each hair and makeup. I couldn’t justify spending that much on myself as I only wear chapstick on the regular. I also didn’t want my girls spending that either. Instead of having them come to us, we will be going to a salon to save money. Hair will be $80 and makeup between $45-$60.
  • Devin
    Super October 2019
    Devin ·
    • Flag
    My mom is bringing in a mua to do my make-up and her & my FMIL’s make-up. I want to go to school for make-up so I’m wanting to do the make-up for my girls.
  • Z
    Devoted November 2019
    Zoe ·
    • Flag

185 for hair and make up (including lashes) and I had to pay for the trial.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics