Rebecca
Master October 2025

How many dresses have you tried on?

Rebecca, on January 22, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 311

Not everyone finds their perfect wedding dress on the first try! 😉How many dresses did you try on before you said “yes” to the dress? Photo from Only One Tailoring in Nashville, TN Next Question: How many times a day do you say I love you? Back to the Beginning: Your wedding in numbers! Round...

Not everyone finds their perfect wedding dress on the first try! 😉How many dresses did you try on before you said “yes” to the dress?

KI3UQV4fOXo8n99zhaKk9cLcDtPTKbtg6nYlnbIW

cfb_1118499.jpg

Photo from Only One Tailoring in Nashville, TN

Next Question: How many times a day do you say I love you?

Back to the Beginning: Your wedding in numbers! Round three!

311 Comments

• Jennifer
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    6 I think all on the same day and fell in love with the 2nd to last one I tried on
  • Brittany
    Beginner September 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    Around 10 I picked the first dress and said yes then went back to get the dress and tried it back on and I didn’t like it on me the third time I tried it on so I picked another dress that was more me 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    • Flag
    I have not tried on any dresses! I am ordering my dress next month! Fingers-crossed i like it. I tried on a sample dress through the same company and loved it
  • E
    Beginner October 2019
    Eileen ·
    • Flag
    Haven’t yet but I need to get on that! I’ve been losing weight for the wedding and I’m not done yet so I didn’t want to go too soon!
  • J
    Beginner September 2019
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    I tried on five dresses
  • G
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Gilbert ·
    • Flag
    No need to try on dresses.
  • T
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I think I tried about 12 or 13 dresses

• Athelia
    Beginner December 2021
    Athelia ·
    • Flag
    None as of yet!!! I have my eye on few..
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Flag
    I tried on about 9 and only went to one store before finding the one!
  • Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Was your dress the last one you tried on?

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What style are they?!

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Did you fall in love with a particular style dress?

• A
    Beginner May 2019
    Allison ·
    • Flag

I ended up going with a bunch of different people based on where/when I was shopping.

1st time MOH

2nd future MIL, future sister-in-law, future step-MIL

3rd 4th Mom

5th one of my best friends/bridesmaids

6th MOH and a very good friend who is about 20 years older than me

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It sounds like you had a great support system there with you each time you went shopping!

• T
    Beginner August 2019
    Terina ·
    • Flag

i tried on 6 dresses before i chose my reception gown. i ordered my ceremony dress onlineand when it arrived i loved it. I was very skeptical about ordering it online but i was happy with it once it arrived.

• Erikasviolin
    Savvy September 2019
    Erikasviolin ·
    • Flag

I tired on 8 dresses. I have to say, the process was quite disheartening and frustrating. Many of the places I went didn't have anything in the styles or designers I wanted in anything bigger than a label size 6 (street size 4). I'm only a "street size" 10 but the repeated experience made me feel awful. To get one of my first choices in a size to fit me, so I could decide if it would even look good, I would have needed to pay $200-250 to get it ordered. WTF? (Just to note, these were NOT small boutique shops so they should have had a range of sizes.)

Needless to say, I found my dress at an amazing store that didn't make me feel gross, unworthy or shameful for not being a size 2 or 4. They didn't make me feel like I needed to be a certain size to have a beautiful dress.

Bonus, part of all of their sales goes to aid in Parkinson's disease research!

Thank you Glamour Closet!

• K
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    At least 15! I had an open mindset in the beginning of the process.
  • L
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Leah ·
    • Flag
    I actually have not tried on any yet and i have 151 days till we get married 😳
  • Tina
    Savvy May 2019
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    30! It was fun trying on dresses and being open to other options I didn’t think I’d consider. But still ended up with my first choice of style. Simple and Elegant. It was difficult coz I loved a lot of different styles and my friends were giving me different opinions!
  • T
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I wanted to try a variety of styles to get a better idea of what I wanted. I ended up really liking the A-line figure and it came down to a lace dress or satin and I ended up going with the satin dress. I thought I loved the lace dress but wanted it in white and not ivory so tried a white gown that happened to be satin and loved that one even more.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics