S
Just Said Yes June 2021

How long before a baby 馃嵓

Shakaylia, on February 17, 2020 at 8:53 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 27
Saved Save
How long did everyone wait before getting pregnant or how long are you going to wait before having a baby 馃ぐ I kinda want to start after the wedding but I also wanna wait 馃

27 Comments

• Bailey
    Dedicated November 2020
    Bailey
    • Flag

We're planning on waiting "5-9 business years" haha, but we're honestly looking forward to just being husband and wife before becoming mom and dad too. We really don't want to have kids before we aren't living paycheck to paycheck either!

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn
    • Flag
    We got married in November of 2019 and plan to start trying in June 2020. I have PCOS and we鈥檙e aware that it could take some time.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra
    • Flag
    2 weeks....hahaha
    We got married in May, found out we were expecting in June and I'll be having our baby girl on Wednesday!
  • Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole
    • Flag
    We鈥檙e planning on waiting at least a year. We鈥檙e planning on buying a house after the wedding. My best friends are also getting married next year and I鈥檓 going to be part of their bridal parties so I don鈥檛 really want to be pregnant during that time. We also want to travel a little bit.
  • Christina
    Savvy July 2020
    Christina
    • Flag
    Probably 2-3 years. I really want to be in a house and just be super ready financially
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner
    • Flag
    I want to have one on my wedding night, lol I鈥檓 ready!
  • Rebecca
    Devoted June 2021
    Rebecca
    • Flag
    We鈥檙e in the process of buying a new house (four bedrooms so we鈥檙e prepared 馃槈), and our wedding is in June. I鈥檓 a teacher but we really want me to stay home when we start having kids, so the plan is for me to work at least two more school years after this one, possibly three, depending on FH鈥檚 raises and other miscellaneous expenses before our first.
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 so excited because my husband and I just agreed last night to start trying in July when I turn 30. We got married in November. We had been indecisive and going back and forth but I finally made up my mind and he finally decided he was ready too.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey Online
    • Flag
    Right away lol. We want kids right away. So we are going to start trying right away for the first one. We want 1 or 2.
  • 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride
    • Flag

There is no fixed rule; it really depends on your circumstances. In my case, it was five years, because I wanted to finish law school and get started in my career first. Some people (particularly those who didn't live together before marriage) just want to have a year or so of married life to get used to each other before you have to get used to a third person. But if you're ready immediately after marriage, there is nothing wrong with that.

• Jo
    Expert November 2020
    Jo
    • Flag
    We both want to wait 5+ years. I鈥檓 still in law school and I want to be stable in my career before we have kids. We want to adopt so we plan on starting the adoption process in our late 20s/early 30s, and we will be 24/25 when we get married!
  • E
    Dedicated January 2021
    Elizabeth
    • Flag
    I want to wait 2-3 years to get my career going since I'm just about to get my master's degree. We don't want to wait too long though, because we're both already in our 30s.
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Super January 2021
    Rebelle Fleur
    • Flag
    I got pregnant a couple weeks after he proposed 馃槀. But I鈥檇 wait atleast 2-3 years as long as your fertility window allows it. Gives you sometime to just enjoy being newlyweds.
  • Kimberly
    Devoted March 2021
    Kimberly
    • Flag
    We will be staring off with 3 kids between the two of us and no plans for future kids. 馃榿 I have an 8 year old daughter and he has 16 year old boy/girl twins. We鈥檙e good.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online
    • Flag
    I want my 20s aha so we said I won鈥檛 even think about it til I鈥檓 in my early 30a
  • Anna
    Expert April 2020
    Anna
    • Flag

If I could I would wait a looong time lol. But sadly because of my age, i can't wait too long. We are going to try after a year. Hoping i'm like my mom and am able to get it the first try. But i do want to enjoy just being together before trying.

• Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca
    • Flag

We got married in August, honeymoon was in January, so we've been trying for about a month, now.

But DH is 30, and I'm 36, so we are in "now or never" mode.

• Ashton
    Just Said Yes January 2021
    Ashton
    • Flag
    Our wedding isn't planned till next year, but I would like to have kids ASAP. That being said both of us have agreed to wait 4 years till we're in our late 20's lol
  • Jaimie
    Expert May 2020
    Jaimie
    • Flag
    5-6 years, want to be fully established and enjoy our time as husband and wife
  • Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor
    • Flag

4-5 years would be ideal! We'll be close to 24 when we get married and having or first child at 28 sounds like a good idea... but we all know how plans usually work out with kids. lol

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics