Audrey
Expert September 2017

How far in advance did you buy your wedding bands?

Audrey, on August 1, 2017 at 10:55 AM

Posted in Planning 33

Hi guys! Trying to keep on schedule with my checklist but it's like pulling teeth to get FH to sit down and make decisions with me. Right now the topic of discussion is wedding bands. FH is a scientist and wears gloves for a living (plus isn't really a ring person), so I doubt he'll actually be...

Hi guys! Trying to keep on schedule with my checklist but it's like pulling teeth to get FH to sit down and make decisions with me. Right now the topic of discussion is wedding bands. FH is a scientist and wears gloves for a living (plus isn't really a ring person), so I doubt he'll actually be wearing his wedding band that frequently (to be fair I don't always wear my engagement ring either). He would rather not spend a lot of money on a ring, so right now his plan is to use the wedding band that his father offered (his parents are amicably divorced). But my hurdle right now is convincing him that yes, he does need to get the ring resized so it actually fits him. His father is 6'4" and pretty big, while FH is 5'11" and rather thin, so I can only imagine that the ring is going to immediately slide off his finger. This now being August, I'm getting a little nervous about the time, so I'm wondering how early you bought your wedding bands. Thanks!

33 Comments

• Chelsey
    Dedicated November 2017
    Chelsey ·
    • Flag

We got engaged in May and I bought him two bands early June. I found the exact two he had picked out on groupon, so I jumped on it. They are amazing and are exactly like the $300 bands we saw in the stores. My band was gifted to us in July. Our wedding is in November.

• Jamie
    Savvy August 2017
    Jamie ·
    • Flag

It really just depends. Typically if you aren't doing anything custom you can get them with a couple weeks of the wedding. I had to have a custom band made and actually found my wedding band the day after we got engaged when I went in to have my engagement ring re -sized

• K
    Dedicated August 2017
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Ours took 3 weeks for social order but didn't need resizing.

how do you feel about him using his father's ring? usually I love the sentimate of family heirlooms but something about a ring from a failed marriage would make me superstitious. however if your good with it go for it if not talk to fh... he could have get something not gold like titanium or tungsten which is much cheaper but would still be something you chose together

• DC
    Super May 2018
    DC ·
    • Flag

I ordered mine with engagement ring. FH I will be getting before the end of the year

• Ally
    Dedicated October 2017
    Ally ·
    • Flag

I ordered FH in May. I believe originally they told me 8 weeks for it to come in. It's wood and antler so I expected a little longer. It came in early, I think maybe 6 weeks. My wedding band came with my ering so I never had to look.

• BoudreauToBe
    Master July 2018
    BoudreauToBe ·
    • Flag

We went shopping this summer so we would know how much to budget for what we wanted. We will probably order them in a few months (the store didn't carry either one in stock - just through vendors).

• SuYa
    Master April 2017
    SuYa ·
    • Flag

Ours were custom made and ordered about 1.5 months before the wedding. We picked them up the week before.

• Constance
    VIP October 2017
    Constance ·
    • Flag

We bought ours months ago. His was custom made. I just went to a chain jeweler and picked one up. Mine didn't need resizing at all, so I could have waited. I'd go sooner rather than later, just so you can check it off your list.

• StPaulGal
    Master July 2017
    StPaulGal ·
    • Flag

We got ours WAY early due to the circumstances of the specific rings we wanted. But any decent local/independent jeweler should be able to resize a standard men's ring in a week or two.

• D
    Devoted November 2017
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

We got ours in Feb during a sale. Both had to be sized and got them about 3 weeks later

• pammat
    VIP October 2017
    pammat ·
    • Flag

Wedding is 10/14; we got them in March because sale. Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Devoted November 2017
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married in November I've been looking for a while but we finally just purchased ours last week. Wanted to go ahead and mark it off get them sized.

• LittleDemon
    Master November 2017
    LittleDemon ·
    • Flag

We were eager beavers and got our rings very early. Mine was picked put and put on layaway in October, and FH's was picked out and purchased in November. We finished paying off mine a few weeks ago and it's sitting at home in our new safe. We purchased both in store and only mine had to be resized, which only took two days, so I would say you still have a little time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics