We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Marlena
Savvy July 2021

Honeymoon Ideas?

Marlena, on July 5, 2020 at 9:47 PM Posted in Honeymoon 1 37
Saved Save

Hi everyone!

Wanted to see what people have planned for their honeymoons? Our wedding is in July 2021, and we're stuck on trying to decide what to do, especially because it's next year and who knows what COVID-19 will be looking like then.

TIA! Smiley heart Smiley shame

37 Comments

• Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag

We were supposed to go to St. Lucia but we might change it. Thinking Greece, Bora Bora, Bali or something not as popular and a little more secluded.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Is there anywhere domestic that you’ve always wanted to go to ?
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh, very nice choices! I feel Greece would be so much fun... we're big foodies and would love to do food/wine tours, so Greece sounds like it would be great.

Cheers to you and yours! ❤️
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    To be honest, I don't think I have a place that I've always wanted to go domestically. We do want to visit all 50 states together as some point.. but nothing sticks out.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What’s been on your bucket list overall?
    We went to japan and Hong Kong. It was on my husbands bucketlist
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oooh, how was Japan & Hong Kong?

We would love to do like a food and wine tour in Italy. But with how travelling is right now, not too sire we would be able to do something like that.
    He's wanted to go back to Vietnam (birthplace) to show me more of his culture and where he grew up.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Italy is just absolutely beautiful so that would be so cool if you did that!

We have been to Vietnam since that is also my husbands birthplace. I think that would be a really interesting trip for you to take at some point in your life together
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh how awesome! Yeah, would definitely love to go to Vietnam. He hasn't been back since leaving like in 2006 I believe.

Maybe we can make Italy happen. That would be a dream tbh ❤️
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We did Disney!

However, if you want to visit all 50 states, what better way than to start on your honeymoon?

You could do Alaska, or Hawaii, to get the far-flung states out of the way. Or come east, and go to New England (you can hit all 6 states in one day if you get creative).

• Lena
    Devoted May 2021
    Lena ·
    • Flag

We've been to a lot of beach destinations and wanted something different so we're going to Alaska June 2021. Smiley smile

• Chelsea G
    Devoted March 2021
    Chelsea G ·
    • Flag

We are going to Aruba hopefully for ours right after the wedding in late March/early April 2021. A road trip domestically could be a good idea. Get through some states in an area of the country Smiley smile

We just want a relaxing honeymoon after all the stress with covid, work, wedding planning, and me in grad school as well as working FT.

• Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

We got married last October and did a minimoon to Banner Elk, NC right after our wedding. We had our big honeymoon planned to Ireland this summer (better weather then), but Covid ruined that for us. So we will be rescheduling that once it is safe to do so.

• Brittany
    Devoted September 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    We had st. Lucia booked for a week in late September but we are cancelling and instead staying 10 days at a beach house in cape hatteras owned by my fiancé’s boss. He’s only charging us the fee for the cleaning people so we’re saving a ton of money and don’t have to fly
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love Disney!! I would love to go to Disney World some day.. that would be awesome.

We actually do want to visit all 50 states and have been to Alaska together, however not Hawaii. That could be super romantic and fun!
    A road trip has been on our minds lately. Like from west coast to east coast. Maybe we could swing that?
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We went to Alaska back in summer 2015 to visit family. Absolutely beautiful and you're definitely enjoy it 🙂

Any beach destinations you recommend?
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aruba looks beautiful and I hope yall can go 🙂

Yeah, seens that a roadtrip would be our best bet at this point. We've been talking more and more about that option.
    Girl you deserve it! You need that time off haha.
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wonderful! Hope you have a great time in Ireland when you do go ❤️
  • Marlena
    Savvy July 2021
    Marlena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds awesome! Hope you have a great time ❤️
  • Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Any Alaska recommendations? That is where my fiancé and I will be going for our honeymoon.

I also say Hawaii! So much to do.
  • Samantha
    Savvy July 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

We are SUPER big into all things outdoors: hiking, camping, dirt biking, mountain biking, etc. So we are going to load up the Sprinter and just do a big road trip and stop at all the West Coast spots that we have always wanted to ride/hike and be together and have fun and eat delicious food along the way. We are thinking of planning a more legit vacation in Costa Rica for once things settle down and resume some semblance of normalcy, but since everything is so volatile we found a way to keep our honeymoon domestic and without any air travel Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles