We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Mary
Just Said Yes October 2020

Honeymoon ideas in new york

Mary, on August 6, 2020 at 9:53 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 16
Saved Save
Please throw out some honeymoon ideas in new York!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Suzie, on August 10, 2020 at 9:17 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    Have you considered Niagara Falls?
  • Mary
    Mary ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's definitely becoming a new idea!
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Ellis Island, Brooklyn Bridge walking over it, Broadway show or off broadway show, MOMA museum,Times Square. My MOH went for vacation with her hubby and they did an Air BNB experience where they took pics around Brooklyn.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    You can’t forget Ground Zero!
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No.

This is not a "be happy and take pictures" place.

It's literally a graveyard. Please be respectful.

OP, what do you like to do? New York is a big state, and then there's the city.

The city has something for everyone.

• Caitlin
    Expert January 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    You guys should do the city pass thing where you are able to pick three big monuments to see. When my hubby and I were there, we did a lot of shopping around, broadway, etc., but also wanted to see some things. We chose to go to the Statue of Liberty (You take a ferry boat over to it - coolest experience ever! It's like a little island of its own), Twin Tower Memorial, and one other thing that I can't remember. Anywho, it was so much fun and I definitely recommend. I don't know much about New York because we are traditional southerners and haven't been outside of the south except for that one visit that we got free from an airline, but it was some pretty cool stuff! Good luck Smiley smile
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am being respectful. You asked for ideas. How about the famous Grey papaya hotdogs? Chinatown?
  • H
    Super June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

When will you be going on your honeymoon? Your profile lists your wedding as October 2020. If you will be going on your honeymoon directly after your wedding, then New York City may pose a challenge. In my opinion, the absolute best activity to do in New York is to see a Broadway show, but Broadway is not supposed to reopen until 2021 at the earliest. And unfortunately, most of the best sites, museums, etc. in New York are currently either closed due to the pandemic or open with a severely restricted capacity. I just can't see much of this changing by October. If you plan to take your honeymoon later, then that's a different story, and you should explore all of the major sites. Or, you could go somewhere in upstate New York, like Niagara Falls, which is open, though might be a tad chilly in October

• H
    Super June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Depends when the OP will be going on her honeymoon (wedding date is listed as October 2020). Most of these options will remain closed or operating at a very limited capacity until 2021 due to Covid

• Mary
    Mary ·
    • Flag
    I would love to do NYC but yes, that's not going to happen right now due to COVID. I'm born and raised in NY, so we're just trying to find something that allows us to get away for a few days but remain safe. Our only consideration so far was Niagara Falls since neither of us have seen it.

Also, thank you to everyone for throwing out ideas!!
  • Jessica
    Beginner September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Lake George! If you like cabins, I would say go with that. We were going to do that for our back up honeymoon since our cruise got cancelled for
    October. But instead booked a weekend trip to the poconos! Private indoor pool, private hot tub. The honeymoon package has everything included. I know you said New York but Pennsylvania isn’t too far! And is currently not on the list that Cuomo is making you quarantine after 😅
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh I know. I wouldn't travel to NY at all but these are options. The air bnb experiences may have some things. I hear NY is doing better than my state lol.
  • Samantha
    Devoted October 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    The Catskills, drive along the Hudson River checking out the old mansions, the Finger Lakes, Lake Champlain.
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    For October of this year? I’d definitely do a driving tour of the Adirondacks Old Forge, Inlet, and all the way up to 1000 Islands.
    Find a couple of B&Bs and enjoy the leaves changing. I love NY in the Fall!
  • Diane
    Savvy October 2021
    Diane ·
    • Flag
    Definitely not the city, violent crime is out of control.
  • Suzie
    Super October 2020
    Suzie ·
    • Flag

We’re doing Niagara Falls, NY this year for our mini-moon. We got engaged at the Canadian side last year, and the view is absolutely magnificent. There is nothing like it, and there is something so magical about being in the presence of such natural beauty. We were hoping to mini-moon at the Canadian side, but looks like thats not going to be an option, so we just booked a room on the NY side. Their attractions are mostly open, and there is so much to do and see. We had an amazing time last year, and I’m super excited to go back again this year! Check out their website, it lists all the attractions and things to do there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles